CTG INDUSTRIAL MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN II in Wyandotte, Michigan
Title: INDUSTRIAL MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN II
Job Number: 18211985 Computer Task Group is seeking an Industrial Mechanic Technician to work a one year contract in Wyandotte, Michigan.
Industrial Mechanical Technician
· Performs tasks per schedule or repairs to equipment from breakdowns as required.
· Demonstrates a team oriented demeanor conducive to all goals
· Maintain good attendance history
· Demonstrates basic verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrates organizational and time management skills
· Interacts effectively within and outside the team/work group
· Works in a safe manner and adheres to all safety regulations
· Demonstrates a team-oriented behavior in daily tasks
· Exercises safe work practices and housekeeping
· Receives regular supervision
· Works within established work routines and instructions
· Some work is crane assisted and performed at elevated heights
· Works with maintenance supervision, other technicians, engineers and production personnel to design plant equipment and modifications
· Improve equipment reliability by maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting and utilizing all resources available. Findings reported to supervision with appropriate recommendations
· Support, maintain and improve preventive maintenance and Mechanical Integrity Program to insure equipment reliability
· 24 hour / 365 day on-call support for production demands. Willingness to work overtime, on-call, after hours and weekends when needed
· Actively participate in plant safety meetings. Works within BASF site and corporate procedures
· Must be team oriented, have a willingness to learn and further develop technical skills
· Must be able to utilize general shop equipment, e.g., band saw, drill press, grinders and power hand tools
Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all mechanical equipment including:
· Mechanical seals
· Gear boxes
· Drive couplings
· Welding and pipe fabrication
High school education or equivalent required and a minimum of 5 years related industrial maintenance experience.
Must be computer literate
Must be able to work in a team environment
Must possess a valid driver's license
· Requires lifting up to 70 lbs., carrying up to 50 lbs
· Requires bending, kneeling, squatting, and crawling
· Requires wrist turning and finger manipulation
· Requires ability to climb vertical, fixed ladders with ladder cages
· Requires ability to climb portable step and extension ladders
· Requires the ability to push and pull up to 50 lbs
· Requires ability to twist, turn and reach above shoulder level
· Requires simple to firm grasping ability
· Requires ability to work within a hazardous location
Please apply below.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Manufacturing Engineering