CTG HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER in Whippany, New Jersey
Title: HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
Job Number: 18204697
CTG is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to work at their client's site in Whippany, NJ. this is a 12 month contract position that has the potential to extend longer.
HR at the site consists of strategic partners to the business, functional experts and customer-focused HR services. Our broad community is united by the mission to be a respected partner, a true employee advocate and a group of professionals fostering a performance-driven, diverse and inclusive culture at Bayer.
This position is part of the HR Business Partner team who partners with the management teams of the Platform functions within the U.S.: CFO, IT, Legal, Communications, Engineering & Technology, etc. The incumbent will work with the HR BPs to provide high-quality consultancy on a diverse set of HR issues. Key focus of the position is on selection of key talents for a combined organization. Other activities will involve assisting HR BPs with their current workload or covering for HR BPs while on vacation or leave of absence. Other responsibilities may include coaching employees and managers, annual HR processes like performance management, Merit, promotions, talent discussions to name a few.
The job structure requires coordination with local experts; process experts as well as other HR BPs on a local level to ensure that all business objectives are achieved.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This HR Business Partner role provides support to client groups and multiple HR Business Partners utilizing broad business perspectives to identify opportunities and propose solutions, with limited direction. The job holder ensures the implementation and application of agreed upon standard HR policies and represents the needs of the local organization. This includes handling such aspects as employee relations, performance management, succession planning, management/training and development, compensation, EEO, benefits, recruiting, involvement in strategic personnel planning for mergers, acquisitions and divestitures within assigned client groups.
The primary responsibility of this role for this assignment, will be to assist with the selection process and people management as a result of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Some tasks may be administrative such as:
• translating the acquirers’ Job Descriptions to the client's Job Descriptions
• modifying Job Descriptions (scope, titles, terminology, budget responsibility, etc.)
• preparing managers and HR BPs for the selection and recruiting process
• reviewing electronic personnel files, reviewing job qualifications
• reading and understanding performance management and talent-related documents
• preparing information for legal and EEO review
The secondary responsibility of this role for this assignment, is to backfill for current HR BPs as a result of vacation, leaves, etc. and/or to address HR needs of the clients (that aren’t involved in mergers, acquisitions and divestments).
This job supports the relevant local management in the resolution of individual local HR issues, interacts with appropriate employee representatives and links the local operations to HR Services as appropriate and necessary to assure a sound local HR service delivery.
• BA/BS in a related field
• Minimum of 7 plus years of progressive HR experience with at least 3 yrs of generalist experience.
• Able to deal effectively with ambiguity and change; comfortable with uncertainty
• Demonstrated expertise in effectively managing/implementing large organizational redesign
• In-depth knowledge of HR processes, programs, policies and systems and ability to communicate same to employees and management
• Proficient MS-Office skills
• Articulate communicator (written and verbal); excellent interpersonal skills; professional; attention to detail
Preferences/Nice to have:
• Advanced degree preferred.
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix’d and global environment
• In-depth knowledge of change management and leadership development processes
• Ability to provide positive and corrective feedback to others and deal with people problems at all organizational levels; can take negative action if warranted; will take a strong stand with management if required
• Works effectively with other team members to solve problems and implement solutions
• Results oriented HR Professional with strong business acumen
• Experience with positive employee relations philosophy and methodology.
Travel Requirements: (if applicable) Minimal – 5 days/ month (at the most)
This position is compensated per hour on a W-2 hourly basis (no C2C or 1099's).
Apply below or send your resume to holly Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 18204697/B-2529 in the subject line.
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Human Resources & Benefits