CTG TEMPORARY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE in West Sacramento, California
Title: TEMPORARY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
Location: US-CA-West Sacramento
Job Number: 18201711
CTG's premier global client in West Sacramento, CA has a 6-month temporary assignment for a Research Associate.
This position is scheduled to begin late April and will be coverage for an employee going out on leave.
The W2 hourly pay rate will be $20.00/hr.
DEPARTMENT/TEAM: Research Technologies/Fermentation; Culture Curation
The Culture Curation team is part of the Fermentation group within Research Technolgies. The Culture Curation team is responsible for the management of our microbial strain collection as well as providing high quality small scale fermentation material for crop protection screening.
The successful candidate will support the Research Technologies team in new lead discovery through solid and liquid culture of a diverse set of microorganisms for screening in various bioassays. The position requires a candidate, who is self-motivated, highly organized, has a strong attention to detail, flexible, and enjoys working in a team setting. The candidate should be proficient in Microbiology, Fermentation Sciences, or related fields with an interest in agriculture and crop science.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Culture genetically diverse bacterial strains for screening against disease and pest targets in both shake flask and high throughput formats.
• Operate specialized laboratory equipment such as liquid handling stations, automated sample handling systems, colony picker, or other automation platforms as needed.
• Coordinate and communicate with bioassay teams on material quantity and delivery timelines.
• Maintain good written documentation in an electronic laboratory notebook using best practices.
• Collaborate with cross functional colleagues in order to implement good experimental design.
• Record and report results in the proper format and system(s), (i.e. LIMS database, e-notebook, web based interface, etc.).
• Perform routine colony forming unit assay as needed.
• Manage requests for strain propagation as needed.
• Assist in the management and inventory tracking of our bacterial strain collection.
The position requires a B.S. in Microbiology, Fermentation, Biology, or a related discipline with a minimum 1-2 years’ experience.
• Solid and liquid culture of non-pathogenic microorganisms.
• Basic microbiology technique such as performing work in a biosafety cabinet, understanding aseptic technique, etc.
• Ability to work well independently and within a team setting.
• Experience working with genetically diverse microorganisms.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
• Drive results through effectively organization, prioritization, and follow up on work assignments.
• Experience working with robotics/automation platforms a plus.
• Good interpersonal and collaboration skills are a must.
• Detail oriented.
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.