CTG SCIENTIST II in West Hills, California
West Hills, California, United States
Aug 25, 2020Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Pay Rate: $26.25/hr
Shift: M-F, 8:30am-5pm
Contract: 6 months
• Isolate Genomic DNA from various sources including blood and established cell lines.
• Conduct commonly used molecular biology techniques such as bacterial growth, plasmid DNA preparation, restriction enzyme digestion, PCR, gel electrophoresis, etc.
• Perform gene expression using both transient and stable mammalian systems.
• Conduct protein purification and characterization with basic biochemical and biophysical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, spectrophotometry, etc.
• Characterize and manage antibody and DNA inventories.
• Maintain mammalian cell culture including thawing, expansion, characterization, harvesting, freezing, and inventory management.
• Characterize membrane antigen expression using Flow Cytometry.
• Prepare media, buffers, and reagents.
• Use One Lambda products and research tools for HLA Molecular and Serological Typing.
• Automate routine protocols to increase capacity and improve consistency.
• Compile and analyze data to complete update or report.
• Perform all activities in compliance with GDP/GMP, regulatory and safety policies.
• B.S. degree in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, genetics, immunology or a related discipline in Biological Sciences or Engineering
• Minimal 3-5 years of relevant laboratory experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
• Capable of multi-tasking and good time management
• Flexible with changing plans and schedules
• Good oral and written communication skills
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Biology
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No