CTG SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR in Webster, New York
Title: SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Job Number: 18202915
Systems Administrator (Monitoring/Infrastructure)
Our client in Webster, NY has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator for a long term contract assignment. No C2C
Position: Systems Administrator
Location: Webster, NY
Duration: Long Term
Compensation: $54.14/ hourly
Essential job functions:
The Monitoring Administrator will be part of a team responsible for the 24/7 support and maintenance of all server and storage components within the Managed Print Services data centers using Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and other management tools.
The System Engineer will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure for the purpose of maintaining an effective 24x7 monitoring platform. The engineer will design and maintain systems to monitor servers, SAN storage, network infrastructure and virtualization software.
An ideal candidate will be well organized and detail oriented, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and have excellent communication and documentation skills. The role also entails strong execution and focus to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Responsible for administration and support or production monitoring systems; primarily SCOM, vROM, and ManageEngine OpManager.
• Develop and maintain custom monitoring management packs for Windows, SQL, VMWare, Storage, network, hardware and environmental.
• Assist product development teams on the development of custom management packs for COTS and internally developed applications.
• Proactively provide recommendations on monitoring rule-sets based on production outage learning’s
• Integrate other monitoring applications into SCOM.
• Research and evaluate other solutions to cover gaps in the monitoring toolset.
• Work with network operations center on documentation of procedures around responses to alerts.
• Respond to incidents on monitoring systems and participate in on-call duties.
• Perform other tasks associated with infrastructure as necessary.
• Manage a Configuration Manager implementation for deploying software
• 5 years of experience with System Center (specifically Operations Manager and Configuration manager)
• Experience writing custom management packs from scratch.
• 5 years experience with Windows administration required.
• Experience with and knowledge of Solarwinds and ManageEngine tools
• Experience in server hardware technologies including Cisco UCS server hardware
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
To be considered, please immediately apply to this requisition using the link provided or go to the CTG Careers page at www.ctg.com/content/careers (click on North America tab) and apply to 18202915. For additional information, please contact Laura Evertsen at email@example.com.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT