CTG SOFTWARE INTEGRATION ENGINEER in Webster, New York
SOFTWARE INTEGRATION ENGINEER
Webster, New York, United States
Jul 25, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Our client in Webster, NY has an immediate opening for a Software Integration Engineer for a 4 month contract assignment with possibility of extension.
• Requires strong technical capability and interpersonal skills with ability to adapt to the audience: developers, technical team, business team, field support, and customers.
• Ability to grasp technical concepts at both a high and detailed level. To conceptualize issue or approach when processing new information or troubleshooting.
• Ability to lead and coordinate complex topics and deliverables across many functional areas.
• Ability to multitask and shift focus across multiple projects with changing deadlines and priorities.
• Working knowledge of configuration for mobile devices (iOS, Android), networks, cloud environment, web servers, Protocols (SNMP, HTTP), latest Windows OSs, APIs, integration with backend systems.
• Technical Resource:
• Comprehend and communicate solution workflows and interactions with integrated systems (including 3rd party software).
• Comprehend roadmap and trends of project by working closely with architects, development and business/program teams.
• Maintain a system focus with awareness to the customer requirements and environment.
• Validation / QA:
• Translate Solution Goals and Specifications into System Validation Requirements. Develop end-to-end solution workflow test cases based on software and solution goals. Contribute to failure mode analysis activities.
• Support Test Lead and Test Teams as SME to enable better technical understanding.
• Final approval and handoff of software and documentation to delivery team.
• Software Support:
• Support early customer engagement activities such as deliver demos, validation and delivery of pre-launch software; develop installation instructions, configuration and troubleshooting.
• Triaging and working problems through to resolution; identifying a problem’s impact and all possible workarounds.
• Provide Customer Support by developing and delivering support team training. Monitor and respond to online customer support forums and be a resource for escalations.
• Work with documentation team to design and author customer documentation. Customer-facing documentation may include Install, Configuration, User, or Troubleshooting Guide; Customer Expectation Document and Software/Network Security Document.
• Produce professional-services guides such as site-prep configuration document or advanced analyst guide.
• Project Coordination of key solution deliverables to program team or TPM:
• Input to schedules, strategies and plans for Test, Support, Documentation, Training, Deployment, Demo, and Feasibility.
• Working with many cross functional groups and stakeholders to complete Integration, Validation, Documentation and Training.
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
10 years software test experience with multi-tenant global web based applications
5 years experience with a test automation framework
Microsoft Azure experience is a plus
Excellent Verbal Communication skills
Preferably Agile Software Development Process experience
Software Debug and Troubleshooting
Experience working with Microsoft change tracking tools like TFS strongly desired
Leadership experience desired
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Systems Engineering
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No