CTG SOFTWARE ENGINEER in Webster, New York
Title: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Job Number: 19205047
Our client in Webster, NY has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer for a 6 month contract assignment.
Essential job functions:
• Summary: Individual will be responsible for programming new features and enhancements to Installer Platform Development software and act as the subject matter expert for the features/functions they develop and as key contributors to the design, test, debug and documentation processes. This individual must have genuine enthusiasm and passion for technology, its application to solve business problems, and ensuring the application is the best it can be.
Importance: Strong developers are needed to support the Agile and SCRUM methodologies that are utilized by the Xerox Development organization to maintain tight schedules and high quality code bases for all of the offerings that the organization supports
• Share responsibility in the design and architecture of features
• Ensure that the proper infrastructure is in place for features
• Analyze complexity and level of effort for features
• Ensure overall quality of implementation and support features during testing/bug fixing phase of the software development lifecycle
• Ensure overall quality of their code within the overall project
• Supports and executes based on the direction set by their manager and within the timelines provided
• Write and execute unit tests for features being implemented
• Conduct/participate in code reviews as required
• Participate in software platform reviews and planning meetings as required
• Ability to interface with multiple teams and multiple projects
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of C#, C , Microsoft .NET® Framework, XML
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
• Ability to learn new applications and technologies quickly
• Ability to adhere to coding standards and conduct routine design and code reviews
• Ability to debug and troubleshoot technology problems with speed and accuracy
• Knowledge of operating systems and server platforms and how to develop applications on them
• Knowledge of Test Driven Development Methodologies and experience in writing Unit Tests.
• Working Knowledge of Object Oriented Methodologies
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Visual Studio development environment
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency using modern software development processes, including software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
• Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written documentation skills with experience developing and presenting to other engineering team members
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office and core business -use tools Embedded software experience is a plus
ADVANCED PROGRAMMMING SKILLS:
• Understanding of the following technologies (MSI, WiX, Installshield)
• Understanding of web application and data security
• Deep understanding of Microsoft Windows® architecture and system level programming
• Can develop very intuitive and good looking user interfaces
• 4 years experience developing software
• 2 years development work in C, C
• Required: BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Information Technology