CTG QA Tester in Webster, New York
Webster, New York, United States
Nov 18, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is assisting our premier client in Webster, NY in staffing a QA Tester-Client Hardware/Software for an ongoing assignment.
M-F 8 am to 5 pm-OT as needed
Pay: Up to 26.24/hr BOE
There is no vacation or holiday pay as this is an hourly contract, you can take time off, but it would be unpaid.
We do offer medical for purchase, Vision and 401k
We are looking for someone proactive, skilled QA Tester, Automation experience a plus.
• Work closely with Software Integration Engineer to understand test objectives
• Assist in documenting test plans and test cases
• Execute created test plans and test cases for development program with a platform testing focus.
• Manual testing of Multi-Function Device software (Copy/Print/Scan/Fax services) based on Android/Linux/Windows/Web platforms.
• Setup/installation of Android OS images on PC and Android Tablet.
• Work closely with software development engineers to understand test objectives.
• Accurately assess the completeness, consistency, reliability and robustness of software requirements, design and implementation.
• Document bugs using JIRA database and prepare test reports specifically regarding bug statuses.
• Resolve issues and review test results.
• Be able to write automated tests for Android Apps where possible
• Goal is to verify software feature functionality as written in designated printer devices
• Able to edit test cases based off Feature Requirements w/ Integration Engineer approval
• Work with very little supervision.
• Ability to document issues (Capture “Look & Feel”, Functionality, System Failures or SW reset issues)
• Recreate problems found in field and update JIRA problem ID.
Lead Responsibilities include:
• Has past experience on current project, provides technical support & training to team members.
• Able to Drive the team to complete Activities, Ensure everyone has what they need to keep working based on their strengths/experience
• Ensures the team is writing clear concise Problem descriptions /Scenario’s & Ensures Info Req bugs are addressed in a timely manner
• Leads Offshore & Onshore QA Teams by; Understanding current tasks, Barriers while providing future direction
• Lead matrix creation effort /validates matrices cover all Feature Spec Changes
• Provides support to QRB & Product QA
• Excellent verbal communication skills (Interacts with, Offshore /Onshore QA, Development & Program Team)
• Computer literate: Basic computer terminology, basic concepts and functions of an operating system, basic file management, Ability to download and install Apps via sd card, Ability to type, and basic knowledge of networks preferred
• Experience with, Tablets (iOS or Android), Windows,
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Preferred: 5-7 years in a quality testing environment preferred
• Knowledgeable in various testing techniques: Functional, Regression, Visual, System, Performance, End-to-End Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
EDUCATION: Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent,
Plus: AS Degree in IT/Computer Science/Engineering
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Quality Assurance & Control
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Work Remote: No