CTG OPTICAL DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER in Webster, New York
Title: OPTICAL DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Job Number: 17206914
Our client in Webster, NY has an immediate opening for an Optical Design and Development Engineer for a 12 month contract (possibility of extension).
Pay: Up to $57.50 an hour (sorry no pto, no holiday pay)
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm M-F
Authorization to work in the US without restrictions
MUST be local to the area.
• Minimum BS, MS/ PhD preferred in Optics, Optical Engineering or Physics
• Minimum GPA, 3.0
Please contact email@example.com for more info. or with questions
Essential job functions:
• Lead & participate in the planning and execution of lab experimentation to develop and validate critical parameters and specifications for laser imaging systems
• Must be willing and comfortable to spend a significant amount of the work day in the lab to work to develop opto-mechanical & opto-electronic test methods and fixturing for critical parameter optimization & validation of high power laser diode imaging systems
• Perform statistical analysis of lab data and demonstrate correlation with theoretical calculations
• Direct & assist lab technicians to perform the optical alignment, optimization & validation testing of; optical subsystems, and imaging system debug & troubleshooting using a range of laboratory test equipment and fixtures (CCD cameras, fiber optic splicers, radiometers, spectral radiometers, interferometers and LabView-based software). Must be able to independently perform these tasks when needed.
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Familiarity with optical systems/ components and their design, lasers, image sensors with a minimum of 5 years hand-on experience
• Ability to implement basic problem solving to complex problems
• Ability to learn new lab instrumentation & document its operation
• Must be a team player, be responsive, have initiative, have strong communication skills and good Microsoft Office skills
• Some exposure to optical & mathematical modeling software is a plus (Code V, LightTools, Zemax, Matlab).
• LabVIEW programming skills is a plus
Client required Criminal background check, education verification and drug screen required
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT