CTG LEAD QA TESTER-HARDWARE/SOFTWARE in Webster, New York
LEAD QA TESTER-HARDWARE/SOFTWARE
Webster, New York, United States
Jun 02, 2020Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is assisting our premier client in Webster, NY in staffing a QA Tester-Client Hardware/Software for an ongoing assignment.
M-F 8 am to 5 pm-OT as needed
Pay: Up to 26.24/hr BOE
There is no vacation or holiday pay as this is an hourly contract, you can take time off, but it would be unpaid.
We do offer medical for purchase, Vision and 401k
We are looking for someone proactive, skilled QA Tester, Automation experience a plus.
• Work closely with Software Integration Engineer to understand test objectives
• Assist in documenting test plans and test cases
• Execute created test plans and test cases for development program with a platform testing focus.
• Manual testing of Multi-Function Device software (Copy/Print/Scan/Fax services) based on Android/Linux/Windows/Web platforms.
• Setup/installation of Android OS images on PC and Android Tablet.
• Work closely with software development engineers to understand test objectives.
• Accurately assess the completeness, consistency, reliability and robustness of software requirements, design and implementation.
• Document bugs using JIRA database and prepare test reports specifically regarding bug statuses.
• Resolve issues and review test results.
• Be able to write automated tests for Android Apps where possible
• Goal is to verify software feature functionality as written in designated printer devices
• Able to edit test cases based off Feature Requirements w/ Integration Engineer approval
• Work with very little supervision.
• Ability to document issues (Capture “Look & Feel”, Functionality, System Failures or SW reset issues)
• Recreate problems found in field and update JIRA problem ID.
Lead Responsibilities include:
• Has past experience on current project, provides technical support & training to team members.
• Able to Drive the team to complete Activities, Ensure everyone has what they need to keep working based on their strengths/experience
• Ensures the team is writing clear concise Problem descriptions /Scenario’s & Ensures Info Req bugs are addressed in a timely manner
• Leads Offshore & Onshore QA Teams by; Understanding current tasks, Barriers while providing future direction
• Lead matrix creation effort /validates matrices cover all Feature Spec Changes
• Provides support to QRB & Product QA
• Excellent verbal communication skills (Interacts with, Offshore /Onshore QA, Development & Program Team)
• Computer literate: Basic computer terminology, basic concepts and functions of an operating system, basic file management, Ability to download and install Apps via sd card, Ability to type, and basic knowledge of networks preferred
• Experience with, Tablets (iOS or Android), Windows,
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Preferred: 5-7 years in a quality testing environment preferred
• Knowledgeable in various testing techniques: Functional, Regression, Visual, System, Performance, End-to-End Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
EDUCATION: Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent,
Plus: AS Degree in IT/Computer Science/Engineering
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Testing, Qualification & Validation
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Work Remote: No