CTG DEVOPS ARCHITECT in Webster, New York
Title: DEVOPS ARCHITECT
Job Number: 18202913
Our client in Webster, NY has an immediate opening for a DevOps Architect for a long term contract assignment.
Position: DevOps Architect
Location: Webster, NY
Duration: Long Term
Compensation: $71.68/ hourly
(Sorry, no paid time off. No paid vacation, holiday, or sick time.)
Candidate needs to be local to Rochester, NY
W2 Only. No corp-to-corp
For immediate consideration, please email me at James.Dale@ctg.com
Essential job functions:
The Dev Ops Architect will assess and design application build, deploy, test, monitoring, and instrumentation of end-to-end solutions. Must have conceptual understanding of software development technology trends and directions coupled with demonstrated technical mastery of continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) technologies, frameworks, and/or languages. Should also have the ability to influence and/or set technical direction, as well as communicate expert knowledge of applications/systems and concepts to both technical and non-technical staff.
An ideal candidate will be well organized and detail oriented, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and have excellent communication and documentation skills. The role also entails strong execution and focus to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Design, architect, and implement automation solutions
• Implement, maintain, and improve CI/CD environments
• Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions
• Participate in development and business workshops/scrum and present proposed solutions
• Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices with Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling Groups, and Configuration Management
• Perform analysis best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and Enterprise Security
• Act as a technical liaison between development, service engineering and operations teams
• Review and existing solution, design and system architecture
• Serve as a systems and automation evangelist providing thought leadership, participating in conferences, authoring white papers, etc
• Perform profiling, troubleshooting of existing solutions
• Create technical documentation
• Strong knowledge of key DevOps concepts – continuous integration and delivery
• Understanding of Cloud concepts – IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
• Practical hands-on experience on Azure using key services like VM, Azure API, VSTS or Cloud Services/ARM
• Infrastructure Architecture – designing high availability, performance and secure solutions using Public/Private cloud.
• Experience with Microsoft business intelligence/data science technologies is a plus (e.g. SQL Server Analysis Services, Azure Data Lake Services, HDInsight)
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT