CTG DATA ARCHITECT in Webster, New York
Title: DATA ARCHITECT
Job Number: 19205475
Our client in Webster, NY has an immediate opening for a Data Architect for a 6 month contract assignment.
Essential job functions:
Responsible for maintaining, transforming, and governing the formal IT Asset and Partner Management (ITA&PM) data model and Business Intelligence function.
• Annually Xerox spends significant dollars globally on IT products and services with its IT Partners in the areas of Outside Services, Software, Hardware, Telecom, other.
• Xerox and XDX transformation objectives require improved IT delivery, reduced risks, and maximum value for every IT dollar spent (IT cost savings)
• Focus on bringing centralization, knowledge sharing, verifiable controls and transparency to the IT activity with IT Partners (IT demand needs, IT assets, commercials, financials, and communications)
• These IT products and services are delivered by a large number of IT partners.
• The IT Asset and Partner Management organization is responsible for centrally managing (coordinate, control, comprehend) all “IT activity with IT Partners” (IT demand needs, IT assets, commercials, financials, communications) in partnership with Global Procurement, Legal, Finance, and XDX Units
• Centrally manage the business intelligence model and provide reporting to ITA&PM team, senior leaders, and value chain partners.
• Execution progress and results of IT Asset and Partner Management activity are reviewed during the Xerox Executive sessions.
• Build strong relationships with the IT Asset and Partner Management Senior Leaders, GP Team, XDX Unit Executives, GP, Legal, Finance, and Xerox Senior Management
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• BA/BS in operations, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other technical/quantitative discipline
• 4 years of BI development experience using Microsoft technology stack
• 3 years of experience developing both multidimensional and tabular models with large and complex datasets
• Strong proficiency in DAX, SQL, Excel, Power BI, Power Query
• Ability to debug and troubleshoot technology problems with speed and accuracy
• Knowledge of operating systems in the Microsoft technology stack
• Excellent problem solving, systems thinking, and communication skills.
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
• Effective communication with peers and ability to multitask and work in a team environment with a “can-do” attitude
• Working knowledge of relational database management systems (Microsoft SQL Server®)
SharePoint experience and ability to do some basic forms development in SharePoint.
• Share responsibility in the design and architecture of features.
• Ensure that the proper infrastructure is in place for features
• Analyze complexity and level of effort for features
• Load SharePoint data into the PowerPivot module and develop reporting functionality and views for the internal team, senior leaders, and VCP's.
• Provide data reports and be able to answer questions from the senior leaders based on internal ITA&PM data sets
• Make changes to the current SharePoint library and forms to meet central registry needs
• Supports and executes based on the direction set by their manager and within the timelines provided
• Participate in daily ITA&PM operations team meetings.
• Work with other teams in Xerox to define requirements for future build of a new data model and centralized registration tool.
• Obtain access to Xerox systems and connect their data to our SharePoint model and PowerPivot model as needed.
• Write SQL queries as needed.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Information Technology