CTG CLOUD SOFTWARE ENGINEER in Webster, New York
CLOUD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Webster, New York, United States
Nov 15, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Our client in Webster, NY has an immediate opening for a Cloud Software Engineer for a 12-month contract assignment.
Essential job functions:
• Actively participate in team meetings and cross-functional interactions.
• Keep team members and supervisors informed of progress and issues
• Actively contribute in project status meetings
• Complete programming using languages and software products
• Design and conduct unit level tests and contributing to System Level verification.
• Adhere to the Agile Software development methodology.
• Participate in the peer inspection process
• Abide by Corporate licensing policies
• Comply with UI Design as well as client branding standards.
• Contribute to the client's Patent portfolio by generating and submitting intellectual property ideas.
• Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
• Use Software Configuration Management tools and check in process.
• Provide guidance to both onshore and offshore teams
• Manage multiple assignments and align them with the business priorities & deadlines
• Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
• Ensure smooth integration of software with existing systems
• Troubleshoot production issues, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions
• Participate in the development of standards and procedures
• Architect, deploy & maintain Cloud solutions using delivering PaaS- (Platform as a Service) and IaaS- (Infrastructure as a Service) based solutions.
• Designing and deploying infrastructure to host new and existing lines of business applications
• Monitoring and testing system recovery accordance with the Company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
• Ensure solutions are maintained for high availability, scalability, security, and supportability
• Oversee information systems security safeguards for these cloud solutions
• All other duties as assigned.
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
Experience & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5 – 10 years software development experience
• Ability to work within a team environment and foster the development of junior developers
• Clear understanding of the principles of object-oriented programming, portal development, and web services
• Knowledge of performance considerations, ability to measure performance and make improvements based on different browsers or devices
• Experience programming with C#, .NET, SQL or other related programming languages
• Experience with Angular or other Java scripting framework, HTML5, and CSS3
• Experience with .Net Webservices, WEP.API/RESTful, WCF/SOAP
• Experience working within an Agile SCRUM or SDLC environment
• Experience with Azure DevOps or TFS
• Experience with Microservice Architecture / Docker Containers is a plus
• Experience with JAVA is a plus
• Strong Design Skills (ability to understand the whole system)
• Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure Platform and Azure SDK
• Shows a systematic, analytical approach to problem solving and shows aptitude for analyzing and managing problems arising from incidents.
• Demonstrates above average communication skills with an aptitude for dealing with users, colleagues and suppliers.
• Takes initiative to keep own and skills up to date and to maintain awareness of and, in own area(s) of expertise.
• Technical knowledge and understanding of major technology areas, platforms, development processes and system lifecycles
• Demonstrates effective mentoring and coaching skills.
• Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Broad and in-depth technical knowledge and understanding of major technology areas, platforms, development processes and system lifecycles
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: User Interface Design
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No