CTG HELP DESK 2 in Strongsville, Ohio
Title: HELP DESK 2
Job Number: 19206119
CTG's premier global client in Strongsville, OH, 44136, has a 12 month assignment for a Help Desk 2
Major Contributing Activities:
The function of the Help Desk Analyst is to assist customers with support for proprietary software, Microsoft Windows operating system software, computer hardware, computer peripherals and basic computer networking. Customer Support is accomplished primarily by staffing and answering phone calls which involves remote support tools allowing connection into customer computers. Calls are to be handled in a timely fashion and escalated as needed for a suitable resolution. Additional mission related responsibilities will be assigned as required.
• Provide phone support up to 20 calls a day, but not limited to that number
• Master proprietary software, computer peripherals and support multiple computer hardware platforms
• Respond to customers regarding vendor equipment policies
• Maintain, create and improve knowledge base data for essential business technologies.
• Take ownership of issues and follow through to completion with minimal, or no, supervision
• Multitask effectively during extremely busy times and prioritize to achieve the maximum results
• Physically possess the ability to lift up to 40 pounds
• Assist with special projects or other department related tasks as assigned
• Strive for first-call resolution
• Works well in a team environment
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management Information or Computer Science is preferred; or equivalent work experience
• Microsoft Certification for Windows 10 Operating System
• CompTIA A and, or, Network highly desirable but not required
• 2-4 years’ experience using Microsoft Office Suite of products, especially knowledgeable of Outlook, Excel and Word
• Working knowledge of computers, operating systems and computer networking support
• Effective analytical abilities and technical skills to isolate problems, fix immediate needs and offer long term solutions based on root cause analysis
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience providing telephone-based customer service
• Proven ability to handle customers and manage customer calls
• Open-mindedness when handling customer and uncovering issues
• Self-awareness to know when to seek assistance regarding a customer issue
• Superb attention to detail
• Strong team player but also can work independently
• Ongoing desire to learn and grow
• Excellent communicator both written and spoken
• Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
• Steel toed shoes must be worn when engaged around the work-benches.
• Dress code is business casual. Generally, clothing that is neat and professional is acceptable. Items such as cotton shirts (with collars), sweaters, khaki pants, Capri pants and other such casual slacks are acceptable.
This position is compensated per hour on a W2 hourly basis (no C2C or 1099's).
Please apply below or email Tana.Stilloe@ctg.com
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Information Technology