CTG MANUFACTURING ASSISTANT in Sheffield, Massachusetts
Title: MANUFACTURING ASSISTANT
Job Number: 18204435
CTG's premier global client in Sheffield, MA has an 11-month contract assignment for a Manufacturing Assistant. There is the potential for this position to be extended after the initial contract.
This is an entry level position with 12-hour overnight shifts, beginning at 5pm.
The W2 hourly pay rate will be $15.00/hr.
The position will support machine tolerances, specifications, materials, and conduct all operations in a timely manner. In addition, this position will monitor machine quality, neatness, inspection and packaging.
More specifically, the person in this role will be responsible for:
• Reading shop orders
• Following and documenting quality specifications
• Completing lift truck training and demonstrating safe driving
• Setting up and operating a winder and the building of reels
• Counting, stacking, labeling and packaging of finished goods
• Participating in proper shift handoffs
• Adhering to job safety requirements
• Completing safety orientations
• Knowing and using job specific IT competencies (i.e. SAP, SOP, SharePoint, Outlook)
• Operating choppers, belt tables, lift tables, sheet counters, and packaging tools
• Submitting required Job Safety Behavioral Observations
• Reporting of any injury or incident
• Participating in processes to improve efficiencies
• Removing waste from all portions of the business (motion, paperwork, processes)
• All other duties as assigned
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Machine/Equipment Operations