CTG CHEMIST 1 in Shawnee, Kansas
Title: CHEMIST 1
Job Number: 18204828
CTG is seeking a Chemist 1 to work at their clients site in Shawnee, KS. This is a 12 month contract position that has the potential to extend longer.
This position provides essential support to the daily analytical operations of the pharmaceutical laboratory. All responsible areas are key activities in the analysis and results reporting for the ultimate release of finished goods for sale to market.
The incumbent has primary working responsibilities in the following areas of day to day laboratory operations: Analyze Quality Control Samples including Raw Material, In-Process, Finished Product, Stability, Validation, and Special Samples. The incumbent ensures approved test methods are followed and proper record of analyses. Supporting the overall goals of the QA/QC organization, the incumbent provides assistance during investigations of any laboratory testing issues, utilizing problem solving skills and recommending potential solutions. The incumbent should be adept at developing standard operating procedures and test methods used in a laboratory environment.
On a daily basis, the incumbent must plan for and respond to the analytical needs of a laboratory involved in fast turnaround of pharmaceutical chemistry analyses to meet manufacturing deadlines. This planning requires good communication, attention to detail, organization skills and the use of the various analytical instrumentation systems and procedures.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• The incumbent works as a team member in Pharm QC within raw materials or finished goods and is responsible for all analysis for product release.
• Responsibilities include the preparation, analysis, and final result calculation for all analytical sample types submitted to Pharmaceutical QC as assigned.
• Adherence to approved test methods and SOPs and proper documentation of laboratory raw data onto approved forms.
• Plan for and respond to the analytical needs of the laboratory to ensure daily production schedules are met.
• Ensure proper sorting and disposal of analytical sample solutions that are hazardous waste, and the chemical cleanliness of all work areas.
• Assists weekly in laboratory supply and reagent inventory.
• Assists in the development, creation or revision of standard operating procedures and test methods.
• Provides support to laboratory projects and assist other team members as needed.
• BA / BS in a related scientific field such as biology, chemistry, microbiology, or biochemistry.
• 1 year laboratory experience, preferably in a chemistry laboratory.
• Proven, effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated skills in the use of a wide range of analytical instruments and devices for the analysis of pharmaceutical substances and formulations are required. The incumbent should have the necessary experience and background to develop, create or revise standard operating procedures or test methods.
• The incumbent should be proficient in the understanding, planning, and execution of laboratory Standard Operating Procedures relating to instrument use, sample analysis, document generation and control, personal safety, and environmental safety. Basic computer skills are required.
• The incumbent must be able to pass a DEA background check.
This position is compensated at $25.00 per hour on a W2 hourly basis (no C2C or 1099's).
Apply below or send your resume to Holly Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 18204828/B-2554 in the subject line.
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.