CTG BUSINESS ANALYST in Santa Clara, California
Santa Clara, California, United States
Sep 22, 2020Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is in the search for a Business Analyst to join the team in the San Jose, CA area for a 6 month project.
Provide business system analyst support of projects within the Public Safety & Justice Systems Program project portfolio. The projects may be related to CJIC Modernization Program, Sheriff Modernization Program, Probation Modernization Program and their specific projects; Information Records Inquiry System (IRIS), Data Exchanges and Conversion, Probation Case Management System and other projects as assigned throughout the contract period.
Provide support and guidance to the project and group team members as needed to deliver tasks, and meet objectives. Manage the project life cycle requirements: trace, maintain, prioritize, assess requirement changes and approve requirements. Support the project team and deliver business system analysis documentation and other artifacts as required within the time line of the individual projects assigned.
Tasks & Deliverables:
• Create and deliver project artifacts/documentation that meet the established PM Center of Excellence standards.
• Deliver assigned tasks within the time frame indicated on the project schedule(s).
• Collaborate and meet closely with stakeholders to elicit, educate, update and deliver business, system process and systems requirements documentation for projects assigned.
• Read and review system design documents, use cases, future business processes, etc. for clarity and validation of correct information.
• Create test plans, scripts, functional and technical specifications, sequence diagrams, process flows, requirement traceability matrices, etc. as needed for each project assigned.
• Provide support as needed to determine system specifications, attributes, perform strategic analysis, functional testing, and solution evaluation of project interfaces as scheduled per the project plan. To include the following, not all inclusive:
• Create an interface control document that provides the source and target systems, elements and attributes, participating in the Data Exchange interfaces.
• Collaborate with DXC and the project teams on documenting the design of data exchange interfaces.
• Work with Probation and other business departments, including technical teams, in developing and confirming data sources, user work flows, and maps to populate interfaces.
• Successfully and accurately complete all interface documentation per the timeline indicated in the project schedule.
Training and Experience:
Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities.
At minimum three years of Business Analyst (BA) experience in a work role supporting all phases of the project life cycle.
Two years of professional work experience in a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) role.
CBAP - Certified Business Analysis Professional or five years of experience working in a business analyst role.
Four (4) year college degree in the area of Information Technology or three years of relevant work experience in the Business System Analyst role.
Skills & Abilities:
Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
Strong business analysis leadership and ability to deliver project artifacts within the project life cycle from inception to completion.
Solid technical background demonstrating ability to develop, troubleshoot, test, and implement new software/hardware solutions.
Strong IIBA Framework Task experience; stakeholder engagement, BA planning and monitoring, business analysis, performance improvements.
Proven ability and excellence in facilitating elicitation and collaboration sessions.
Strong ability in life cycle management; trace, maintain, prioritize, assess, and approve requirements.
Strategy Analysis; analyze current state, define future state, assess risks, define change strategy.
Requirements analysis and design definition; specify, verify, validate, define, and model requirements.
Solution evaluation; measure, analyze, assess, and recommend solutions.
Strong demonstrative BA tools and techniques - must be able to create the following: sequence and component, activity, data modeling, wire frame, class, use case, work flow diagramming. Must be able to create the following documents: Business requirements, detailed use cases, functional requirements specifications, system requirements specifications, requirements traceability matrix, UAT test cases, gap analysis matrix, and user stories.
If interested- please apply directly or email me atMorgan.Fisler@CTG.com
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Business Analysis
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No