CTG Accounts Payable Clerk in San Diego, California
Accounts Payable Clerk
San Diego, California, United States
Sep 20, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Clerk in San Diego, CA
This is a 6 month contract assignment with the possibility of extension.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services to support the organization with a primary focus on the processing and monitoring of payments and expenditures. By providing these services in an effective and efficient manner, the A/P Specialist will ensure that finances are accurate and current and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities relating to month end close process, analyzing vendor statements and agings, and assistance with balance sheet reconciliations and audit compliance. They will interact with all levels within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to financial recognition and payment
• Allocates all expenditures to the proper general ledger accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense report details
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; analyzing accounts payable aging's; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing ACHs; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
• Responds to all vendor inquiries in a timely and professional manner
• Manages the weekly check run; including vendor/manual check preparation, obtaining all signatures, and distribution
• Assists in month end closing procedures and liability balance sheet reconciliations
• Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting practices
• Processes monthly expense reimbursement amounts in accordance with Corporate policy for payment
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
• Other duties as assigned by the Controller
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Administrative Assistant
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Work Remote: No