CTG TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Title: TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Job Number: 19206629 Job Title: Software Engineer – Customer Software Support Level 2 (L2)
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in RTP. The Software Engineer will provide customer software support for suspected defects within the portfolio of retail POS software products such as 4690 O/S, ACE, SI, Chec and others. The Software Engineer will work with customer reported problems via SRs (Service Requests) to provide a resolution to software problems encountered with the use of client's products.
Responsibilities of the L2 Software Support Engineer:
• Resolving customer or partner reported software issues
• Managing and tracking problems via the Service Request Tool
• Reviewing C, C , Java and Object Oriented code functionality
• Performing Unit and Functional Tests of code, Java scripts or tools
• Performing recreates of customer reported problems for data capture
• Providing primary software technical interface to key customers and partners
• Prior experience in a support role and/or has an affinity for it
• Can solve problems for clients in a fast and efficient manner
• Can empathize with clients having problems and has a good ‘bedside’ manner
• Excellent communications skills - interacting directly with customers on problems
• Must be a self-starter and have good drive and motivation to learn and desire to advance
• Excellent memory is required for the complexity of support related to software products
• 2 years of working experience with C, C , Java, Linux and Object Oriented environments
• Can speak Spanish
• Has worked in a retail store
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/computer engineering/electronic engineering or equivalent experience
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Systems Administration