CTG SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/ENGINEER in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Title: SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/ENGINEER
Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Job Number: 18202948 General
The Production Support Professional works with eBOSS Managed Services customers helping maintain IBM DB2 databases for each customer, providing support for customers with regard to eBOSS, aiding in eBOSS issues, and supporting in-house development tasks and test efforts. This position has on-call responsibilities and may require second or third shift from time to time.
Primary Job Functions
• With remote access to customer servers, provide support for issues including gathering logs and other components for problem determination.
• Ensure team processes and procedures are exercised and updated as needed.
• Script procedures for various required alerting.
• Participate in customer’s eBOSS Change Management processes.
• Ensure database health is maintained for all eBOSS Managed Services customers.
• Coordinate with Level 2 on issue tracking and Service Requests on the behalf of customers.
• Report status as required.
• Support eBOSS DB2 database.
Secondary Job Functions:
• Participates in one or more team process improvement initiatives.
• Documents team operating procedures.
• Other duties as assigned or required by Delivery Manager.
• Experience serving on a production support team.
• Experience with IBM DB2 on Windows, Linux, AIX, or z/OS.
• Experience recovering mission-critical databases (as a backup to DBA).
• Demonstrated experience with any of the following scripting languages:
DOS (MS-DOS, PC-DOS, Windows Batch, PowerShell)
Unix Shell (C-shell, Korn Shell, etc.).
• Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• DB2 or Oracle Database experience.
• Strong PC skills.
• Able to read, write and speak English proficiently and be an effective verbal and written communicator.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT