CTG POINT OF SALE SUPPORT TECHNICIANS in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
POINT OF SALE SUPPORT TECHNICIANS
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States
Oct 07, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is hiring several Point of Sale Support Technicians for positions located in Durham, NC.
These Individuals will provide remote surveillance and troubleshooting for small and big box retail locations. Will be responsible for testing, troubleshooting and remotely resolving simple to complex equipment issues. Performs basic configuration and fault management for wide array of IT equipment connected to the network. This includes, but is not limited to, Point of Sale hardware and corresponding peripherals, Cisco and HP network gear, broadband/T1 circuits, wired and wireless networks, etc.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires generalist competency in big and small box retailers. The individual must have a high customer focus, experience with and support change & innovation and a strategic, results focused and inspirational leadership mindset.
• Works as part of a cross-functional team to conduct routine remote surveillance and maintenance activities for all IT equipment within the clients’ environments in his/her area of responsibility
• Monitors alarms and performs fault isolation on IT hardware and per
• Creates and responds to work orders and trouble tickets by either conducting restoration efforts or dispatching the appropriate technician for resolution
• Escalates trouble tickets with third party vendors such as power and telco companies, as well as escalating issues to the appropriate area within the organization
• Operations Support: Answers inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations, vendors and internal groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller
• Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation
• Excellent skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Excellent communications skills
• Excellent and demonstrated skills with documentation and process writing
• 3 years’ experience in similar operations role – box retailer IT infrastructure knowledge ideal
• Generalist level - a person competent in several different fields
o Retail level Point of Sale systems, networking gear (routers/switches/access points), and protocols.
o Knowledge in the field of Customer Relations
o Experience working in high pressure situations
o Experience working in a similar environment i.e. call center, IT lab, warehouse
o Experience in monitoring project events through completion
o Customer service skills via phone, instant message (IM) or e-mail
o Documentation skills
o Time management skills
o Knowledge of computers and IT equipment
o Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy
o Ability to report document and escalate issues as needed
o Ability to assist field technicians or end-users within scope
o Experience providing technical phone support to customers or internal teams
o Analytical and troubleshooting skills
o Working knowledge of Microsoft Office i.e. Outlook, Windows, Excel, SharePoint
o Ability to answer phone and respond to field tech or customer inquiries to ensure customer needs are met timely
o Ability to assist field techs or customers in resolving basic technical problems by providing scripted guidance regarding software and hardware problems
o Ability to perform other related duties as assigned or requested
• High School Diploma
• In lieu of the experience requirement a Bachelor's degree, or Associates degree + 1 year of experience may be considered.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Customer Support
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Work Remote: No