CTG MAINFRAME SOLUTIONS LEAD in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Title: MAINFRAME SOLUTIONS LEAD
Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Job Number: 19202939
Our client, an international insurance company, is seeking a Mainframe Solution Lead with hands-on experience in legacy Mainframe systems and Life Insurance domain knowledge. This is a direct-hire role!
• Assess existing system architectures including Mainframe and develop target state blueprints and transformational roadmaps to achieve strategic organizational objectives.
• Analyze mainframe system components, recommend modernizations and implement Improvements
• Understanding of highly complex legacy mainframe system functionality, design/ develop and implement solutions.
• Involve in New Product implementation of Annuity and Life Products.
• Participate in unit and system integration testing
• Perform root cause analysis for incidents, system and performance concerns
• Provide quick fix to Production issue
• Guide offshore technology team
• Creates system documentation and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews
• Develop data models, table structures for the new product implementation.
• Develop new programs in COBOL/SQL.
• Provide technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams.
• Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle.
• Determine application technical infrastructure components like specific databases, programming languages, utilities, testing approach, and tools.
• Involve in organizational technology upgrade initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
• 5 Plus years of experience in Mainframe technology, COBOL , JCL , VSAM , DB2 , CLIST , REXX
• Experience on VSE and Z/OS platform, BIMEDIT tool
• Life Insurance domain knowledge
• Experience in Agile Methodology
• LOMA certification
• Experience with NDM, FTP, HP ALM, JIRA
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Systems Architecture