CTG DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Title: DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Job Number: 19206366
CTG is looking for a database administrator to join the customer support team. This position is targeted toward customer production support, preventative interactions and escalation resolution. Implementations will include hosted, enterprise and appliance models.
• Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programs and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
• Recommends solutions by analyzing database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
• Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
• Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products. Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
• Provides information by answering questions and requests. Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
• Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools
• Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
• Enrolling users and maintaining system security
• Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement
• Make performance optimization recommendations to customers
• Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
• Design backup processes for server and associated data
• Create accounts for all users and assign security levels
• Contacting database vendor for technical support
• Generating various reports by querying from database as per need
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Other duties as assigned
Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
• Database Performance Tuning, Database Security, Promoting Process Improvement, Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Quality Focus, Database Management, Data Maintenance, Operating Systems, Attention to Detail, Information Security Policies
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 2 years’ professional experience or internship
• Experience in one or more of the following: MySQL (Preferred), Oracle, Exasol or MSSQL
• Understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures
• Familiarity with reporting tools
• Analytics, data warehousing, nosql database experience are assets.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Information Technology