CTG Service Technician in Quincy, Illinois
Quincy, Illinois, United States
Jan 21, 2020Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Our client inQuincy, IL has an immediate opening for anOnsite Electromechanical Technicianfor aTemp to Perm position.
Pay: 18.91/hr (sorry no vacation or holiday pay)
Essential job functions:
Provides complete support coverage for equipment assigned to a Managed Services customer in order to maintain the highest possible uptime for the customer. Support extends from supply replenishment through finished output, including operation of the equipment and finishing devices , it also includes full break/fix repair of the assigned equipment The ASE ensures the equipment is set to optimal quality and performs full repair and replacement procedures to maintain peak standards of performance This includes ensuring the output quality meets customer requirements by monitoring device performance and making adjustments as required. The ASE engages Technical Resources when appropriate to support the clients business requirements.
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Demonstrate the required product proficiency by successfully completing the product training Perform routine services to ensure equipment availability to client site users
• Check operation of equipment, clean, adjust as required to ensure optimal print quality
• Replace consumables as required (Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU)), paper, or toner
• Perform and track rebuilds of CRUs using approved procedures to ensure CRU inventory is available
• Serve as the primary customer contact for all maintenance, productivity, and supply inventories of assigned equipment
• Perform equipment operation (printing, scanning, copying) to deliver finished documents as required including use of finishing devices
• Support download & installation of printer drivers for end -users of network connected products (as required)
• Proactively manage consumables and supplies replacement as required
• Complete customer inventory reporting as required
• Provide customer training on assigned products to improve end user knowledge of equipment functionality
• Support equipment asset management within the account -- Inventory, tag, and update equipment records as required for asset control -- Perform equipment asset tracking -- Track Move/Add/Change (MAC) of office equipment assets at designated sites
• Provide repair and service support on Low to Mid-Range office printing products in customers location
• Provide preventative maintenance service on production products
• Perform the full range of maintenance on assigned products; including repair, on-site troubleshooting, installation, removal, retrofit, preventative maintenance activities, and customer call assistance
• Take responsibility for customer satisfaction by providing timely and courteous service with minimal support from other personnel
• Observe all service call procedures including preliminary notification to the customer of call receipt with an Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) whenever possible
• Keep service management informed of potential customer issues if unable to resolve
• Participate as a full member of a service workgroup and contribute to the groups productivity
• Demonstrate the required product proficiency by successfully completing the product training
• Use a laptop PC connect to internet, download files
• Use Microsoft Exchange e-mail
• Perform mechanical adjustments; troubleshoot to the Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) level. The FRUs may be electrical, electronic or mechanical in nature and are defined during product training.
• Diagnosis and repair using product manuals, AC-DC multi-meter, and fault codes
• Accurately report all activities and time using the prescribed methodology to ensure accurate customer records and internal records
• Manage the inventory of assigned parts, tools and any other assets provided
• Communicate with customers the status of their current service call and address any other service concerns they may have with the product
• Present a professional image in all interactions and behaviors
• Provide timely and courteous customer service to facilitate customer satisfaction
• Meet and/or exceed all required standards, such as Customer Notifications (ETA), Response Time, Product Repair Hours, Parts Cost, First Time Fix, and Call-Backs
• Responsible for providing reliable transportation to service calls.
Candidates must successfully pass a baseline assessment of competencies with electrical, mechanical, measurement, computer, and essential tools used. The position requires the ability to lift and /or move thirty (30) pounds. Contractor must agree to comply with all security arrangements required by the Client customer. Have a clean and groomed appearance and adhere to the contracting organizations dress code. This is typically for men , button up or golf shirt with collar, dress slacks, dress shoes or street shoes that can be polished. For women, button up blouse with collar and appropriate neckline , dress slacks, dress shoes or street shoes that can be polished Work overtime on an occasional basis.
• Must be of a size that provides enough space to allow for the transport of assigned parts inventory.
• The vehicle must be able to secure property (parts, tools, and electronic equipment) provided to the contractor.
• The vehicle must be maintained in good working order (pass safety inspections).
• Contract personnel must ensure that the vehicle being used is properly licensed and insured at the level required for business use.
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency using AC /DC electrical multi-meter for troubleshooting. Demonstrate ability to work independently and/or on a team with minimal supervision.
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office, Internet Connectivity, uploading and downloading files.
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
• Experience or formal training in AC-DC electrical/electronics required.
• Functional knowledge and application of a multi -meter.
EDUCATION: A certificate or diploma from a vocational program , technical school, or college in the field of either: electronics, electrical / mechanical repair, or similar field.
*Candidate may be asked to help out in the print Production area from time to time
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. Today, we provide comprehensive information, technology, and business solutions that address critical challenges for clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. Backed by a proven track record of reliable delivery, CTG fosters long-term client relationships and trust, which allows us to develop strategic insights that maximize client investments and competitive advantage. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Customer Support
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Work Remote: No