CTG SENIOR LABORATORY TECHNICIAN in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
SENIOR LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Oct 04, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG Inc. has been a highly respected provider of contract personnel throughout the United States for more than fifty years.
Currently, our valued client in Pittsburgh, PA has an opening for a Senior Laboratory Technician. This position is a 13-month contract, with the potential for continuation after the initial contract.
The W2 hourly pay rate is $30/hr.
This position produces and evaluates samples in the laboratory and compiles and reports basic technical data, which will be used to support polyurethane application development, company product quality control, and customer technical efforts.
• Mastery of lab skills for producing lab-scale samples, testing of polyols, isocyanates additives, and formulations for customer technical programs, process and product research programs and manufacturing support, including the understanding of function of ingredients in formulations, suggesting minor modifications to formulation or processing/testing or to methodology
• Troubleshooting and maintaining equipment needed for bench foam production and routine foam processing & property evaluation and supporting machine scale-up work
• Maintaining (or modifying as necessary) appropriate logs/notebooks (especially electronic lab notebooks) and other records including computer documents utilizing Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs to support project work
• Performing calculations for the production of polyurethane using computer programs or hand-calculations, including being able to perform basic algebraic operations and statistical analysis
• Understanding, following and contributing to the improvement of EHS (EHS is Environmental Health and Safety – more standard industry terminology for what we call HES), SOPs and Responsible Care rules, regulations and guidelines, while maintaining good housekeeping and a safe work environment through participation in safety programs
• Compiles and reports technical data; distinguishes subtle differences compared to known standards including the preparation of internal memos and reports and the ability to communicate work status/goals to management effectively and coordinate activities
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering Field or Occupational Associate Degree in Specialized Technology that includes laboratory technician specific training or high school diploma and 2+ years of applicable technical experience
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Training in laboratory procedures and safe handling of chemicals
• Ability to perform simple mathematical functions, use fractions and decimals, calculate ratios, percentages, and proportions
• Basic computer skills – MS Office, Email software
• Ability to work in a team environment with a group of diverse individuals
CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws. CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Laboratory
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Work Remote: No