CTG CHEMICAL TECHNICIANS in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Title: CHEMICAL TECHNICIANS
Job Number: 18207248
CTG is seeking a Chemical Technician to work at their clients site in Pittsburgh, PA. This is a 6 month contract position that has the potential to extend longer.
Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials for research and development of new products or processes, quality control, maintenance of environmental standards, and other work involving experimental, theoretical, or practical application of chemistry and related sciences.
Physical Testing laboratory technician:
The successful candidate, as a member of the Physical Testing Group, performs standard physical tests on a range of materials including polyurethanes, polycarbonate-based thermoplastics, thermoplastic polyurethanes, and coatings.
Basic job responsibilities include:
• Receipt and verification of testing requests and sample materials • Preparing specimens, set-up of test equipment and appropriate test methods
• Performing required testing, verifying results, and electronic reporting and archiving via LIMS
• Scheduling of aging and other time-related sample preparation activities to ensure optimum testing efficiency
• Follow corporate guidelines regarding safety and housekeeping
• Support other members of the (multi-disciplinary) Physical Testing team where necessary, including providing test specimens or test results for specific requests After training, the employee is expected, with minimal supervision, to organize and carry out testing activities safely, efficiently, and with proper attention to detail to ensure high quality of the test results provided. The candidate must be able to competently and independently operate testing equipment, both computer controlled (software driven) or stand alone, on which the incumbent has been trained.
• High School diploma plus 8 years of technical/mechanical experience
• Knowledge of basic algebra and statistics for performing calculations necessary to analyze test data, e.g., linear regression, significant figures, standard deviation, mean, etc., and the ability to develop and maintain statistical process control charts
• Computer literacy to work with basic office software; also, independently work with the LIMS and with software operating test equipment
• Ability to read and understand test methods such as ASTM, ISO or other test specifications (automotive US or other)
• Good mechanical aptitude to understand operations of respective test equipment • Interpersonal skill level to interact with diverse individuals is critical- Experience in a service provider capacity preferred
• High standards for safety and safety systems will be essential requirements for this position
• Strong team orientation Preferred Requirements
• Demonstrated experience performing a wide range of standardized or specialized physical (mechanical) tests.
• High level of computer literacy to independently work with the LIMS with different software operating systems associated with the test equipment; ability to make modifications to test methods or write/implement macros to accomplish tasks (e.g. automate repetitive tasks, implement direct data transfer protocols) within the operating software
This position is compensated at $25.00 - $30.00 per hour (W-2). (No C2C or 1099's) Pay rate is based on experience.
Apply below or send your resume to Holly Wilson at email@example.com. Please reference job 18207248/C-869 in the subject line.
“Hair follicle and urine drug testing will be conducted prior to hire and may include random testing once placed on assignment. “
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.