CTG BI DEVELOPER in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Title: BI DEVELOPER
Job Number: 19206228
CTG is hiring in Pittsburgh! We need a BI Developer to work at Thermo Fisher, one of our premier partners, for 6 months. This role pays up to $45.01/hr.
The BI Developer supports the Supply Chain business functions by leveraging technologies to drive continuous improvement within the organization.
This team member designs, develops and maintains reports as well as applications that augment the overall data, business intelligence and reporting strategy of the Supply Chain.
In addition, this role acts as a mentor to less experienced developers and analysts to help build a world class Supply Chain Analytics team.
• Design, code, test, and document all new or modified applications, tools and programs utilizing software development best practices;
• Develops, monitors, and maintains ETL processes that extract, transform, and load data from the Data Warehouse and other data sources for use in Supply Chain applications;
• Prepare and deliver automated reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential issues in systems across the Supply Chain;
• Troubleshoot and fix issues in existing business systems as needed;
• Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for new systems and other post-implementation support;
• Provide training to end users for all modified and new business systems;
• Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the Supply Chain BI systems;
• Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms;
• Perform code reviews to provide feedback to other Supply Chain developers and analysts;
• Provide technical mentoring to other Supply Chain developers and analysts;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following: MIS, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Sciences;
• 6 years relevant experience as a BI Developer or Software Developer using the Microsoft Stack;
• 6 years of experience with T-SQL using Microsoft SQL Server (at least one of these versions: 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017) to build, UDFs, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexed Views and Tables;
• Demonstrated experience applying database design principles using normalization and best practices;
• Demonstrated experience utilizing the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC);
• Demonstrated experience with SSAS to create cubes to drive faster data analysis;
• Demonstrated experience with SSIS for ETL operations;
• Extensive experience with writing/designing BI reports using PowerBI, Crystal, SSRS, or MS Access;
• VB.NET software development experience;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills ;
Additional Skills not required but beneficial:
• Experience building client/server windows applications;
• Experience with Power BI setup and architecture;
• Using VBA and MS Access to connect to a SQL Server backend to build easy to use UIs;
• Query tuning expertise utilizing execution plans and DMVs to leverage system information to improve performance;
• Experience with SQL Server data partitioning;
• Experience with Team Foundation Server or some other source control software;
• Experience with SQL Server extended events;
• Prior work experience in problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Information Technology