CTG IT Purchasing Specialist in Painted Post, New York
Title: IT Purchasing Specialist
Location: US-NY-Painted Post
Job Number: 18201832
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Duration: 12 months ongoing with probable extension or possible direct hire
Location: Corning, NY
Job Title: IT Purchasing Specialist
Work Hours: M-F, 40 hours per week; hours each week are flexible as long as they are between7 am and 6 pm
Pay: Competitive with salaried benefits available
Primary Areas Include:
• Materials management
• Logistics operations
• Supply intelligence; Supplier management
• Transportation and distribution
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Responsible for sourcing and purchasing IT-related hardware and software used by individuals or manufacturing operations.
• Uses internal and vendor systems for selection, purchasing and tracking.
• Assists management in resolving problems concerning over shipments, shortages and engineering changes
• Order approved software and hardware or warranty replacements.
• Obtain various hardware/software quotes.
• Maintain SharePoint information used for reporting software/hardware requests.
• Maintain Altiris software database used for software compliance auditing.
• Create and submit cost transfers monthly.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in business, IT or equivalent area (or equivalent experience) is strongly preferred
• Internal systems / tools (ServiceNow, PeopleSoft, JIP transfers, Changepoint, etc.) is preferred
• Customer and Vendor collaboration experience
• Strong verbal and written (e-mail) communication skills
• Ability to work with diverse, global internal customers and with diverse, global suppliers
• Attention to detail; Process driven, rigorous; Self-starter
• Ability to multi-task; Flexibility/ability to respond to changing priorities and deadlines
No third party resumes will be accepted
Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Jessica.Carroll@ctg.com.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT