CTG IT DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR II in Painted Post, New York
IT DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR II
Painted Post, New York, United States
1 additional location
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
6 days agoPost Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Title: Data Engineer
Location: Preference is in Painted Post, Erwin (ZV building). Open to Charlotte or remote.
Duration: 1 Year contract
This role will be expected to lead the design for cloud native database platform components. As data base admin/engineer you will be expected to collaborate with other architects and engineers to perform design reviews and incorporate feedback
• Owns development of one or more areas within the data platform design, leading the design and development of it. Provides technical leadership to one or more teams of developers to implement according to plan
• Communicates with product owners, data engineers
• Promotes high-quality in software providing guidance and feedback to engineers through design and code reviews, provides guidance on best engineering practice to ensure high-performance and reliability of code designs, codes, and reviews software
• Collaborates with software testers to ensure good test coverage, resolve defects, and mitigate safety hazards
• Assist DevOps team in solving production system issues
• Provides technical expertise to architects, analysts, and other engineers as input for product design, implementation, and troubleshooting
• Leads data tools and library selections and development environment improvements
• Leads refining development processes and enforces with the team
• Hands on development experience with data streaming and NoSQL technologies including kafka, spark, columnar and graph databases
• 3-5 years Data replication for reporting and analytics purpose
• Azure, AWS, Hadoop, SQL Server, SQL, Spark, Python, Golden Gate, Attunity skillsets
• Install, Configure, Monitor Replication Services from a source DB to multiple heterogenous targets (e.g. MS SQL -? AWS S3, Apache Kafka, Kinesis, etc)
• Performa Schema level and table level refreshes to target platform
• User Management, Security, Roles
• Architect High Availably, No data loss, Recovery solutions around data replication
• Knowledge of AWS Data platform
• ETLs, Source to target mapping principles
BS in Computer Related Field Required
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Database Management
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: Yes