CTG Break/Fix Technician in Ottawa, Ontario
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Sep 06, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is currently recruiting for aBreak/Fix TechnicianpositioninOttawa, ON.
Position: Break/Fix Technician
Location: Ottawa, ON
Compensation: $ 17.50/ hour
Duration: On-goingcontract. Fulltime:37.5h/week
Hours: Monday-Friday:8AM –5PM(Ability and willingness to work extended hours, week-ends, on-call, abbreviated work-week)
If interested, please send your updated CV in WORD format to: email@example.com
A TSR is accountable for servicing and repairing a variety of products and additional duties, as required. The role responsibilities typically involves the installation and routine maintenance on small desktop and convenience copiers, printers and MFD’s within a specified geography. Depending on geography or company needs, there may be additional product requirements.
· Uses basic information about the customer to anticipate needs and to represent the Company in a professional manner.
· Puts the customer first and works with other employees as required to ensure the delivery of service or the Service Level Agreement (SLA) as relevant.
· Communicates clearly and confidently with the customer both written and orally as required.
· Provides customer training on assigned products in accordance with current field procedures.
· Adheres to documented escalation procedures to resolve customer issues.
· Provides time and materials (T&M) customers with T&M estimates, complete approved service activities and process completed Technical Service Billing Explanation (TSBE) paperwork through admin.
· Performs full range of maintenance on small desktop/convenience copiers, printers and MFD`s including technical diagnostics, software loads, print driver installs, network installations, removal, retrofit and customer call assistance.
· Corrects service problems within the assigned products with some assistance, as required.
COLOUR THEORY: · Must have a basic understanding of colour theory.
SOFTWARE NETWORKING & CONNECTIVITY:
· Basic Windows and Network Connectivity knowledge · Can complete basic installs: must be able to connect individual devices to the customer’s network and install drivers onto PCs.
· Participates in team meetings, escalates calls for moderately complex to complex issues.
· Communicates regularly with Supervisor or Manager. Works closely with the sales organization to maximize leads and upgrade opportunities.
· Responsible for assigned company assets (i.e. parts, tools, communication and computing devices, vehicles).
· Maintains and manages Xerox trunk and onsite inventory with a high degree of effectiveness.
· Attends and satisfactorily complete required Xerox training programs within prescribed timeframes (including on-line courses, as required).
· Responsible for supportive participation in team meetings and adherence to agree upon practices and principles developed by the workgroup.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
· Possess avalid(full)driver’s license(the license may not include restrictions) and a satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company (note that all individuals whose job responsibilities may include driving are subject to periodic motor vehicle records checks).
· Requires sufficient insurance coverage for use of personal vehicle while on company business, as required.
· Must have a solid understanding of electromechanical systems and be able to troubleshoot to the component level using diagnostic processes and test equipment.
· Ability and willingness to work variable hours (extended hours, weekends, on call, abbreviated work week)
· Proven previous customer facing technical competence.
· Ability to pass color test, as required.
· Ability to work unsupervised and travel to support surrounding geographies, as required.
· Demonstrated Windows and Network Connectivity competency.
· MS Office experience
· MUST HAVE A SOLID UNDERSTANDING OFELECTROMECHANICAL SYSTEMSAND BE ABLE TOTROUBLESHOOTTO THE COMPONENT LEVEL USING DIAGNOSTIC PROCESSES AND TEST EQUIPMENT.
· ABILITY AND WILLINGNESS TO WORKVARIABLE HOURS(EXTENDED HOURS, WEEKENDS, ON CALL, ABBREVIATED WORK WEEK)
· PROVEN PREVIOUS CUSTOMER FACING TECHNICAL COMPETENCE.
· ABILITY TO PASS COLOR TEST, AS REQUIRED.
· Demonstrated competency in use of the laptop applications.
· Proven ability to work cooperatively within a team environment.
· Exceptional communication and customer service skills and the ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
· Must be ableto lifta minimum of40 lbs. on a regular basis.
· Preferred: COMPTIA – A+ / PDI
· Client Focus: Demonstrating willingness to identify, understand and give priority to meeting the needs of the customer.
· Communication and Influencing: The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external people, formally and informally, and where necessary to gain their agreement and acceptance.
· Corporate Citizenship: Maintaining and promoting social, ethical, and organizational values in the working environment and all business activities. Placing the needs of the client and the goals of the organization above one’s own personal interests.
· Embracing Change: The ability to work flexibly, adapting quickly to change and responding positively to new ways of working enabling us to thrive on change and constantly improve.
· Results Focused: The drive and determination to achieve objectives, overcoming obstacles to deliver results.
· Teamwork & Collaboration: Displays enthusiasm and contributes to an effective team environment; Demonstrates willingness to work cooperatively with others to deliver excellent customer service or to achieve a shared goal.
· Role-Specific Competencies (required to be successful in the assignment)
· Creativity and Innovation - The ability to challenge current ways of doing things (conventional practices), adapt established methods to new situations, pursue ongoing process improvements, create and evaluate new solutions and ideas
· Technical Awareness - Using IT at work - The ability to effectively use IT systems and software applications at work
· Planning & Organizing - Plans and organizes work effectively in order to meet work objectives and deliver ongoing quality services to the customer
· Problem Solving - The ability to analyze issues and to find resolution to problems by using a rational, systematic approach
· Relationship Management - Build and maintain effective relationships with clients, partners, peers, supervisors, subordinates and other internal company staff.
· Service Operations Awareness - The ability to effectively deliver services to clients promoting continuous improvement of productivity, service quality and customer satisfaction
Education and Experience:
· Minimum:GED/ High School Diploma (classes and experience with computers, electronics, mechanics, etc. is desired)
· Preferred:College Diploma/ Associate Degree (technical field), or equivalent certification with less than
1-year working experience.
1-3 yearsof experience as aCustomer Service Engineerin an on-site break-fix role.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Program Management & Administration
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Work Remote: No
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time