CTG EMPLOYEE RELATIONS MANAGER in Orchard Park, New York
Title: EMPLOYEE RELATIONS MANAGER
Location: US-NY-Orchard Park
Job Number: 18206195
CTG is partnering with our direct client a 64 – Campus State University of NY to hire the following resource:
Position: Employee Relations Manager
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Full time position: Salary and benefits
Due to our client’s requirement no third parties or candidates requiring sponsorship will be considered.
To be immediately considered you can email your resume to Senior Recruiter Deborah Ronca to her email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can apply directly to https://www.ctg.com/careers to job #18206195.
The Employee Relations Manager will handle a broad spectrum of employee relations matters and assist the VP of HR, Equity & Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer with higher-level projects as needed. The focus of this position will be day-to-day employee relations, including conflict resolution, investigations, disciplines, counseling, as well as proactive job performance and/or managerial coaching. This manager will be required to interpret and apply pertinent College policies, procedures and the provisions of several collective bargaining agreements in their work with employees. This position will become a first-point contact for employees and managers by providing leadership, guidance and coaching aligned with the HR office and College’s processes, policies, and mission.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
• Assists in resolving employee relations issues and facilitating conflict resolution between employees and supervisors to promote a positive, safe, and compliant work environment;
• Acts as a liaison between HR, department managers and union representatives, and provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy and employment laws;
• Coaches and guides supervisors on the interpretation and application of human resources policies, procedures, and practices to ensure consistent application and compliance with federal and state law and regulations;
• Prompt and thorough investigation of complaints, investigations, grievances etc. and keeping clear documentation of same to facilitate timely resolution;
• Manages and resolves grievance and appeals in accordance to University policies and procedures;
• Makes recommendations for changes to existing policies to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations;
• Develop, recommend, and/or issue corrective action when applicable;
• Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring compliance;
• Assists with labor contract negotiations and coordination of implementing settlement and release agreements;
• Partners with other internal College offices, outside counsel and agencies when needed;
• May assist with other HR responsibilities such as leave of absence (i.e. FMLA) and ADA/reasonable accommodation requests;
• May act as the employer representative for Unemployment hearings;
• Will act as FOIL officer and formulate FOIL responses on behalf of the college;
• May assist with labor relations matters, including formulating grievance responses;
• Ensures compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations;
• Analyze, design, and revise employee trainings, programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations;
• May assist other HR managers with special projects related to the HR office;
• Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Current working knowledge of employment law and regulations including but not limited to NYS Civil Service Law, Title VII, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, NYS unemployment, and labor relations and other relevant employment laws; Ability to manage and resolve numerous issues on a variety of topics daily; Ability to plan and supervise the work of others; Must have a professional, personable, and ethical demeanor, making excellent customer service and maintaining confidentiality a high priority; ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically; Ability to work and make decisions independently; Highly analytical thinker and problem solver; Must possess sound professional judgment; Be organized and detail oriented; Able to prioritize while handling multiple tasks; Possess technological savvy, particularly with utilizing HRIS systems and Microsoft Office Suite; physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of HR experience with an emphasis in the area of employee relations
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Human Resources Management, Labor or Industrial Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field
Master’s or higher-degree preferred.
Experience in public higher education or other public sector labor relations and human resources
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT