CTG TECH SUPPORT/SCHEDULER in New York, New York
New York, New York, United States
Feb 03, 2020Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is assisting a client in NYC with a direct hire position for a Tech Support/Scheduler reporting directly to the Client’s Financial Systems Job Administration Director.
Pay Based on Experience.
The Scheduler will work in the Tech Support group and be responsible for the scheduling of batch processing in multiple environments and platforms. They will maintain the scheduling environments to ensure proper job execution, handle new requests and troubleshoot problems. Their primary responsibility will be to ensure the production and non-production batch schedules run efficiently.
• The candidate will run batch job streams via CA Workload Automation (d-series) scheduler, and must understand and be able to verify job condition codes for validations. The candidate will interact with all support groups in problem determination and resolutions.
• Manages the timing and execution of ClearQuest tickets to ensure that they are carried out in a timely manner.
• Adjusts the schedule as needed for Technicians to focus on high-priority tasks.
• Works with the team to resolve schedule impacts.
• Identifies schedule impacts due to changes and proactively escalates to team.
• Produces indicators and reports to provide management a clear and accurate picture of the project status.
• Monitors and updates integrated event plans and schedules so that projects can be executed in the most efficient manner possible. ·
• Gets involved in event scheduling meetings and/or interactive planning meetings as required by the team and or "clients.
• Document all changes made to the master schedule that the Technicians in the Job Administration team can follow. ,
• The candidate will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the interaction between the IBM mainframe and the various AIX Servers (and the various intra system job relationships).
• Demonstrated ability to manage the design of CA Workload Automation/ d-series and CA Scheduler tools
• Demonstrated ability to monitor the health of running of job flows (e.g., stalled flows or batch job condition codes) using the CA Workload Automation/ d-series.
• Ability to schedule and process adhoc requests in AIX and mainframe environments as requested - using the tools above
• Candidate should have in-depth knowledge of the IBM Mainframe, z/OS Processes, such as JCL; IBM UTILITIES; working knowledge of ISPF
• The candidate will be expected to have knowledge of the UNIX Shell scripting and debugging capabilities.
• Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
• Ability to plan, manage and work independently with minimal direction
• Process Backups/Restores as required
• Strongly preferred - Experience with Advantage Financial applications
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce quality work under pressure.
• Extensive years of related scheduling experience with a Windows-based scheduling system.
• Years' experience escalating and documenting critical job failures and schedule problems.
• Extensive years of experience with hands-on work with executing and performing preliminary troubleshooting activities involving: scheduler, batch processes, and cycle flows.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
A baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure; or
Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Helpdesk & Technical Support
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No