CTG SECURITY ANALYST in New York, New York
New York, New York, United States
Jun 18, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Our client in NYC is looking for a Security Analyst for a contract position.
Pay is up to $70/hr (sorry no vacation or holiday pay)
No Corp to Corp
The Security Analyst will report directly to the Director of Information Security.
The individual will be responsible for monitoring compliance of our information security program across the entire infrastructure. Security program elements include: firewall, data transmission, advanced malware prevention, data loss prevention, intrusion detection/prevention systems, cloud services, VPN, etc.
This role requires a strong technical background and familiarity of traditional and emerging security technologies and practices.
The candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, interact effectively with IT, Security, and Business leaders.
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Cybersecurity field.
• Strong background experience in Information Technology with Windows, Linux, and Unix platforms.
• Strong background experience as a Level 2 (or above) Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst performing incident handling, forensics, sensor alert tracking and cybersecurity incident case management.
• Expert level experience working with security technologies such as IDS/IPS, Firewalls, SIEM, Network Packet Analyzers, Antivirus, Network Behavior Analysis tools, Malware analysis, Firewalls, DLP, endpoint protection, log collection and analysis.
• Experience using and configuring tools such as Net Profiler, Imperva, Fire Eye and FirePower.
• Strong working knowledge of network protocols, ports and common services such as TCP/P protocols and application layer protocols (e.g., HTTP/S, DNS, FTP, SMTP, etc.).
• Hands on experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash, and Powershell.
• Knowledge of privilege escalation, persistence and lateral movement techniques
• Identify and be able to react to network attacks, viruses, mal ware, SPAM, phishing and other intrusions.
• Provide assistance in the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of the information security program into in-scope operational areas (gap analysis, risk assessment, third party assessments, procedure/specification development, execution of recurring procedures, incident response).
• Identify, analyze and communicate security vulnerabilities.
• Serve as an information security subject matter expert and trusted advisor.
• Understand current as well as emerging security threats and assist in the design of application architecture to mitigate threats where possible.
• Stay abreast of new security technologies and assist in the integration of new technology into architecture design when appropriate.
• As a contributor, take ownership for assigned areas of responsibility and effectively manage workloads to meet team deadlines.
• Clearly and concisely communicate in both written form and verbally to leadership and Management.
• Review security features of newly implemented systems, ensuring they meet existing security requirements and policies, Review proposed changes to existing policy as conditions warrant.
• On a day to day basis, the candidate will review reports to identify threats.
BA in MIS, Computer Science, or related field from a recognized college or university or equivalent work experience.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)