CTG QUALITY CONTROL CHEMIST – STABILITY in Myerstown, Pennsylvania
Title: QUALITY CONTROL CHEMIST – STABILITY
Job Number: 18203498
CTG is seeking a Quality Control Chemist – Stability to work at their client's site in Myerstown, PA, This a 12 month contract position that has the potential to extend longer.
This is a second shift position.
The stability testing team is responsible for ensuring over the counter drug products within the stability program are tested according to the stability schedule and meet shelf life specifications. This is a fast-paced, energetic team that works together across two shifts to meet aggressive throughput times to support a lean manufacturing operation. The testing for both teams is very similar and allows for the opportunity to support both teams depending on the workload and schedule.
Perform the analysis on in-process, finished products, stability products following prescribed procedures to provide the information base leading to raw product disposition. Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving as directed.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform standard qualitative and quantitative analysis on: in-process products, and finished pharmaceutical preparations employing accepted gravimetric and spectrophotometer procedures, in accordance with approved testing procedures of the National Formulary (NF) and the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP).
• Utilize standard "bench" chemistry technique as well as sophisticated electronic instrumentation, including spectrophotometer, viscometer, etc.
• Maintain records of all analysis information of assigned products on data sheets for permanent file and proper entry of information on laboratory forms.
• Evaluate all data obtained from analysis; if discrepancy or deviation occurs, consult with Supervisor and recommend additional testing if necessary.
• Perform routine analytical testing of stability samples to determine that the materials meet compendia and/or company standards.
• Adhere to the pertinent aspects of Corporate and plant safety programs and adhering to GMP’s, ISO standards or other regulations.
• Assist in investigating non-compliance investigations.
• Assist with troubleshooting analytical methodology and instrumentation malfunctions.
• Perform special assignments as directed by supervisor.
• Assist in validation of manufacturing and production lines and equipment pertinent to chemistry (e.g. equipment and room cleaning validation) if requested.
In this position, the incumbent will be expected to draw upon previous analytical experience, as well as continuously learn Quality Control systems and effectively engage in relationships with peers in the laboratories, Manufacturing/Production, and personnel in other departments as needed. Once the incumbent is assigned specific materials on which to perform the quality control tests, or provide development or troubleshooting, the incumbent will have considerable impact on results from his/her work. Product can be rejected and manufacturing procedures can be altered significantly either in schedule changes or in process itself.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy, or related 4 year science degree required. Chemistry degree is preferred.
Skill & Competency Requirements:
• Knowledge, practical application, and understanding of analytical chemistry is required to perform the functions of this position.
• Demonstrated capability for communicating ideas, concepts, and work results effectively to colleagues and supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated as well as to work collaboratively in a team-based environment is required.
• Must demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn.
• Good working knowledge of advanced laboratory instrumentation and personal computer skills are required.
• Competencies required: analytical problem solving, alertness, work within established policies and procedures, commitment to task, decisiveness, effective written and interpretive communication skills, and organization and planning skills.
• Experience in wet analytical methods and instrumentation techniques preferred; HPLC, UV, GC, IR, and AA preferred.
Preferences/Plus to have:
• At least 1 year of lab experience preferred (outside of bachelor’s degree), preferably in pharmaceutical or nutritional industry.
• A working knowledge of statistics, data processing and good manufacturing practices is desirable.
• A thorough understanding of National Formulary (NF); United States Pharmacopoeia (USP); and European Pharmacopoeia (EP) testing procedures, as well as, US Pharmaceutical Industry Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), quality control methods and procedures preferred.
This position is compensated at $24.00 per hour on a W2 hourly basis (no C2C or 1099's).
Apply below or send your resume to Holly Wilson at email@example.com. Please reference job !8203498/B-2332 in the subject line
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Quality Assurance (QA) / Quality Control (QC)