CTG UX INTERACTION DESIGNER in Morrisville, North Carolina
UX INTERACTION DESIGNER
Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Sep 10, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG's client is seeking a User Experience (UX/UI) Designer to join their rapidly evolving User Experience team!
The UX Interaction Designer will collaborate closely with Designers, Researchers, Developers, and Product Managers throughout the design process. From creating user flows and wireframes to building prototypes and design specifications, you’ll be an advocate for your users and ensure our products surpass their expectations.
• Identify user insights and lead new initiatives to deliver industry-leading user experiences
• Understand user needs and other motivating factors and then translate them into concepts
• Utilize ideation and storytelling skills to effectively communicate design ideas
• Design across various products and platforms (PC, mobile, web, Android, iOS, etc.)
• Create low and high-fidelity wireframes, user flows, and functional prototypes and help drive information architecture, customer journey maps, and other design methodologies
• Support usability studies on prototypes and existing designs during various phases of concept and product development. Translate study results into actionable design recommendations and product requirements.
• Plan and execute iterative user research including but not limited to competitive assessments, benchmarking, customer interviews, concept testing, usability testing and heuristic evaluations. Educate others outside the User Experience team on UX design methodologies and advocate the benefits of good UX design.
• Think creatively and strategically about the end-to-end customer experience and encourage a design way of thinking in the group
• Work collaboratively with cross functional project team members and business peers to propose the best experience for the end user
• Deliver and maintain design specifications, pattern libraries, and other design documents that will be used as guidance for cross-functional team members
• Establish a technical vitality plan to remain current in fields of user experience, interaction design, visual design, and product design
• Communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms with colleagues, management, and external parties both in the U.S. and other countries
• Minimum 3 years (required), minimum 5 years (preferred) professional experience in user experience (UX), user interface design (UI), interaction design, information architecture, design, or a related field
• Strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in UX, UI, interaction design, visual design, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving
• Mastery of fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and a fluency of best practices for user-centered design process, user experience principles and techniques
• Strong eye for layout, color, iconography, and typography
• Experience working directly with other user experience and design professionals
• Experience working in an Agile environment or with LeanUX
• Experience in designing complex applications which are rich in interaction
• Familiarity and experience executing a user-centered design (UCD) driven product (or concept) through a development process
• Detail oriented with the ability to be pragmatic and keep the ‘big picture’ in mind
• Be able to work independently as well as take direction and work within established strategic and business guidelines
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and international multidisciplinary team environment
• Experience designing animations and using developer languages such as HTML/CSS [ desired ]
• Strong presentation, negotiation, and communication skills
• Language proficiency: Excellent written and verbal English (required)
• Bachelor degree (Masters preferred) in interaction design, visual design or equivalent
• Expert in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: User Interface Design
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No