CTG SYSTEMS ENGINEER in McLean, Virginia
Title: SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Job Number: 19205050
CTG is seeking a System Engineer for a Direct Hire/Permanent position with our client located in Mclean, VA. Come work for a company that offers great work environment that encourages, supports, and rewards professional growth and commitment to creating forward-thinking business solutions. Looking for highly motivated individuals with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and technicians and possess strong IT knowledge.
Duration: Permanent Placement
Location: McLean, VA
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Salary Range: 80K – 100K DOE
• Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
• Work with and advise team members and customers on best practices, advanced troubleshooting, and future systems designs
• Provide and update documentation, Visio diagrams, and functional designs of existing or future customer environments
• Design and implement system requirements, processes, and design specs based on organizational needs, security/compliance policy, and industry trends
• Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting modern networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless
• Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting multi-site Active Directory 2003/2008/2012 environments
• Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 environments
• Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting multi-site WAN environments
• Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting on-premises networks with multiple WAN and VLAN configurations (including but not limited to routing, routing protocols, switching, internet, and overall network architecture).
• Designing, implementing and troubleshooting virtualization environments
• Designing, implementing and troubleshooting storage area networks
• Evaluate current client environments and recommend best practice solutions
• Test and evaluate network systems to eliminate issues and create improvements
• Effectively communicate issues and alternative solutions
• Travel to client sites as needed
• Provide some on-call and after hours support
• Proven customer facing field experience
• Experience with the following:
• Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008/2012 and Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013.
• Microsoft Windows operating system (2003/2008/2012/XP/Vista/7)
• Virtualization technologies including VMware ESX 4.0 and later, Hyper-V Clustering
• Microsoft Office Suite of products (XP/2003/2007/2010).
• Cisco router, firewall, switch, and access point configuration and management.
• MPLS, BGP, and OSPF.
• Routing and switching technology and terminology as well as the OSI model and how it applies to telecommunications.
• Storage solutions – EqualLogic, EMC, Compellent
• Hyper-V, Watchguard/Cisco/Sonicwall firewalls, Microsoft Server, and SAN technologies
• Microsoft Windows operating system including installation, management, application deployment, and security
• TCP/IP network support
• Virtualization and Cloud Services-VmWare, Hyper-V
Education and Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline VCP, MCSE, CISSP, CCNP, ITILv3, Security preferred
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• CTG will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Job: Information Technology