CTG SERVICE TECHNICIAN in Little Rock, Arkansas
Title: SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Location: US-AR-Little Rock
Job Number: 18203964
Our client in Little Rock, AR has an immediate opening for a Service Technician for an ongoing contract assignment.
Position: Service Technician
Location: Little Rock, AR
Duration: ongoing contract
Compensation: $23.23 / hourly (Sorry, no paid time off. No paid vacation, holiday, or sick time.)
Misc: This position requires driving (use of personal vehicle- reimbursed mileage) and candidate must pass an MVR.
Feel free to contact the recruiter with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-677-1313 ext 2012.
Provide repair and service support in customer’s location, working with Low to Mid-Range office products in a break/fix mode and production products in a preventative maintenance mode. In addition this position requires the individual to:
• Perform the full range of maintenance on assigned products; including repair, on-site troubleshooting, installation, removal, retrofit, preventative maintenance activities, and customer call assistance.
• Take responsibility for customer satisfaction by providing timely and courteous service with minimal support from other personnel. Observe all service call procedures including preliminary notification to the customer of call receipt with an Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) whenever possible.
• Keep service management informed of potential customer issues if unable to resolve.
• Participate as a full member of a service workgroup and contribute to the group’s productivity.
• Demonstrate the required product proficiency by successfully completing the product training.
• Perform mechanical adjustments, troubleshoot to the Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) level. The FRUs may be electrical, electronic or mechanical in nature and are defined during product training.
• Diagnosis and repair using product manuals, AC-DC multi-meter, and fault codes.
• Accurately report all activities and time using the prescribed methodology to ensure accurate customer records and internal records.
• Management of assigned parts, tools and any other assets provided.
• Communicate with customers the status of their current service call and address any other service concerns they may have with the product.
• Present a professional image in all interactions and behaviors.
• Provide timely and courteous customer service to facilitate customer satisfaction.
• Meet and/or exceed all required standards, such as customer Notifications (ETA), Response Time, Product Repair Hours, Parts Cost, First Time Fix, and Call-Backs.
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Candidates must be able to successfully pass a drug-screening, DMV and background check.
• Candidates must successfully pass a baseline assessment of competencies with electrical, mechanical, measurement, computer, and essential tools used. This includes:
• Tools (understanding of drivers, multi-meters, volt meters, amp meters, potentiometers, oscilloscopes, cutters, wire strippers, pliers, rulers, etc).
• Measurements (Fractions, Decimals, Metric and Standard etc).
• Mechanical (understanding of the physics or gears, belts and levers. Screws, bolts, washers, putting equipment back together).
• Electrical (understanding of voltages (AC/DC), amps, resisters, circuits, transformers, working a breaker box or circuit board, symbols, color codes of wires, measuring electricity, components and diagrams)
• 220 / 110 Power
• 3 Phase Electricity
• Industrial Electricity and Digital Electronics
• Computer (general PC, internet, IP configuration, installing memory into a motherboard, installing drivers, upgrading performance, troubleshooting, and application use). * Work overtime on an occasional basis.
• Be available for work during their assigned work day/s. Report to their first call when their assigned workday assignment starts.
• Unless otherwise notified by the company, contractors will wear a company badge.
• Responsible for providing reliable transportation to service calls.
• Able to work independently and/or on a team with minimal supervision.
• Shows pride in work and pays attention to detail.
• Interested in improving technological skills.
• Contractor must agree to comply with all security arrangements required by the customer.
• Possess good verbal and written skills, and can communicate effectively.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Able to interact with a diverse population (administrative to executive).
• The position requires the ability to lift and /or move thirty (30) pounds.
• Must be of a size that provides enough space to allow for the transport of assigned parts inventory.
• The vehicle must be able to secure property (parts, tools, and electronic equipment) provided to the contractor.
• The vehicle must be maintained in good working order (pass safety inspections).
• The vehicle appearance is reflective of professional service delivery.
• Contract personnel must ensure that the vehicle being used is properly licensed and insured at the level required for business use.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license at all times.
• Experience or formal training in AC-DC electrical/electronics required.
• Functional knowledge and application of a multi-meter.
• Field experience as a technician working with business technologies such as PCs, network connected printers and networked FAX equipment.
• A or N certified is a plus.
• PC skills are required for this position.
• Skill demonstration required in IE Navigation, File saves and moves, Internet connectivity. Also required is a functional knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (XP, Windows 7) and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel). The position also requires using the PC for data entry, troubleshooting, and web access.
• Proven excellent customer service skills.
A certificate or diploma from a recognized technical school, or college in the field of electronics, electrical repair, reprographics, or a related field. Two (2) or more years of related field experience as a technician may be substituted for the certificate/diploma.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Sales & Business Development