CTG Software Engineer in Lexington, Kentucky
Title: Software Engineer
Job Number: 18202509
My client in Lexington, KY has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer for a contract to hire assignment.
Position: Software Engineer
Location: Lexington, KY
Duration: Contract to Hire
Compensation: $41.72 per hour (Sorry no PTO or Holiday pay)
If interested, please send an updated resume to James.Dale@ctg.com or call 888-414-6076 ext. 5614
We are seeking an experienced Microsoft C# .NET Software Engineers to join our development team onsite in Lexington, KY. This Software Engineer will be a member of the Justice Court Case Management Software Development team and will be tasked with the delivery of a web-based .NET application utilizing AngularJS, SSRS & SSIS. The qualified candidates will collaborate with existing Conduent software team members, and other cross-functional teams, to deliver the solution following ISO 9001 processes and Agile best practices.
· Use web technologies to develop technical solutions to business problems in the Courts Management domain
· Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
· Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
· Analyze user stories written by domain experts and translate to technical solutions
· Collaborate with domain experts to create user interfaces and provide user experience
· Interact with other software engineers and the software architect to develop APIs, data models, and development strategies to facilitate effective design and development
· Work with the Quality Assurance team to analyze, diagnose, and resolve defects
· Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success
· Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for technical and business suitability
Skills and Qualifications:
· Strong experience in C# web development
· Proficient with .NET development tools (Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server)
· Experience with Web API, Entity Framework, Dependency Injection, and the Model/View/Controller (MVC) Design Pattern
· Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
· Familiar with domain driven design
· Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
· Design experience with web services (REST, SOAP)
· Excellent written and verbal communications
· Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
· Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
· Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to learn quickly and work independently without direct supervision Desired Qualifications and Experience;
· Experience in AngularJS
· Experience in user interface design
· Experience in PowerShell
· Technical background in Microsoft SSIS and/or SSRS
· Knowledge of US Jury or Court Case Management Systems is desirable
· Knowledge of accounting software development is desirable
· Familiar with SOLID design principles
· Experience following an Agile software development methodology like Scrum
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT