CTG IT AUDITOR INTER in Lexington, Kentucky
IT AUDITOR INTER
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Sep 09, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Our client inLexington, KY has an immediate opening for a IT Auditor Inter for a3 month contract assignment.
Essential job functions:
• Supports the Internal Audit Managers in the execution of corporate audits; including IT General Controls, Pre- and Post-Implementation reviews, operational and compliance focusing on primary business risks and major corporate initiatives.
• Draft audit observations in accordance with company internal audit standards, ensuring that recommendations and conclusions are balanced and fair, reflecting an in-depth understanding of business challenges in the area under review.
• Review audit observations with stakeholders including any compensating controls and determine appropriate management action plans for inclusion into the audit report. Monitor the execution of management actions plans to ensure timely completion.
• Assess the design and operating effectiveness of IT controls over major strategic, operational and financial risks.
• Audits will typically consider controls across global functions and/or projects and require the development of an in-depth understanding of the business and industry.
• Accurately identify key business objectives and related IT risks prior to the assessment of associated control mechanisms including consideration of the adequacy of governance.
• Demonstrate a value added approach to assurance by providing practical, relevant and cost effective recommendations which assist senior management in achieving primary business objectives.
• Complete fieldwork in an efficient and effective manner to ensure that budgeted deadlines are met without sacrificing depth of testing and overall review quality.
• Conduct internal and external research and benchmarking to identify best practice in terms of control and risk management associated with the discipline or process under review.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the assignment subject matter and demonstrate depth of business knowledge throughout the course of the review.
• Maintain a flexible approach to ensure that scope alterations can be adopted when other high risk areas are identified during the course of the review.
• Actively seek to understand the business under review through attending relevant training, workshops and information sessions.
• Provide coaching and feedback to the audit team throughout the review to ensure audit teams operate efficiently and effectively
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• 3+ years related work experience in internal/external audit, process improvement in the areas of IT systems, finance, accounting or operations
• Prior experience should include 1+ years’ work experience performing audit reviews of IT controls for systems including Windows, UNIX, Oracle, MS SQL, and ESX environments
• Working in the Public Accounting Firm (either Big 4 or regional firm) would be welcomed and wanted especially in the IT Audit area
• Experience auditing multinational corporations is preferred
• Knowledge of IT internal control standards and techniques as well as a sound awareness of corporate governance and enterprise risk management
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of the current regulatory and international standards organizations’ IT security control frameworks and their application (NIST, CoBIT, ITIL, ISO27001)
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a sense of urgency
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Access, Open Pages as well as IT audit tools like ACL, Tableau, Powershell, and Metasploit
• Maintain knowledge of current accounting and auditing practices through continuing professional education
• Travel will be required domestically
IT Security Certification as CISA (Certified Information System Auditor), CISSP (Certified Information Security Professional) or CISM (Certified Information Systems Manager) a strong plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information System (MIS), Information Technology, Information Assurance or related field
For more information contact: XerConRecruiting@ctg.com
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Inventory
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time