CTG MICROBIOLOGISTS in Kansas City, Missouri
Location: US-MO-Kansas City
Job Number: 18203102
CTG is seeking a Microbiologists to work at their client's site in Kansas City, MO. This is a 12 month contract position that has the potential to extend longer.
The Analytical Services Group performs chemical and physical testing around the clock for product release and process control in order to assist the Kansas City production plants in producing product that meets customer demands. The laboratory also performs analyses for the Waste Treatment Plant to help manage the treatment of the production waste and for regulatory compliance.
This position supports the site production through microbial assays of products and wastewaters, testing for microbial contamination in products, and serving as a consultant to Waste Treatment in assessing the health of the microbes used to treat the waste at the
Assist with microbiological testing in the Analytical Services Group in support of production at the Kansas City formulation plants, wastewater treatment, and microbiological active ingredients from toll manufacturers.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assays microbiological products for active ingredients and formulated product at the Kansas City Formulation Plants.
• Assists in the development of new techniques for monitoring microbial contamination.
• Screens raw materials, formulated product, flush and product complaint samples for microbial contamination. Collaborates with Formulation Operations to develop strategies to mitigate microbial contamination. Conducts selective evaluations of microbes to identify the genus and species of the contaminant.
• Performs bi-weekly microscopic exams to assess the quality and health of the microorganisms (floc) present in each stage of the two on- site biotrains. Performs respirometry studies for multiple groups on- site to assess new waste streams and/or changes to existing waste streams. Provides written reports detailing findings from the
microscopic exam and feedback on the impact of plant operations on the biological wastewater treatment system. Works closely with Waste Treatment Operations Specialist to optimize conditions to improve the microbial health and stability of the treatment system. Consult with external field experts, as necessary.
• Prepares agar plates and maintains other supplies for the microbiological testing.
• Understands and operates LIMS, laboratory data acquisition
system, and other instrument-specific computer systems. Accurately records, calculates, and reports analytical results meeting both ISO and GLP standards. Maintains accurate records, a clean/safe work area and communicating results to internal and external customers.
• Knowledgeable of RCRA hazardous waste regulations, waste determinations, waste codes, and how to immediately communicate discovery of spills and leaks. Also must know labeling, inspection, and recordkeeping requirements to accumulate waste in: satellite accumulation areas, less than 90-day containers, and less than 90-day tanks. Initial RCRA hazardous waste training shall be completed within 6 months of starting job, and refresher training shall occur annually thereafter. Ensure proper record keeping of product analyses and any paperwork related to RCRA waste
• M.S. degree in Microbiology with 0 years microbiological laboratory experience or a Ph.D. with 0 years laboratory experience. (*Extensive experience with identifying microbes)
Skill & Competency Requirements:
• This position requires excellent interpersonal skills in order to partner with personnel within the different areas of the Analytical Services Group and the site.
• Experience in identification of microbes using selective plates.
• Able to lead by example and cooperates with other team members to optimize productivity and prioritization.
• Able to anticipate and identify problems; correctly analyze situations; consider alternatives; take action; monitor and evaluate results in a systematic manner.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be adept at working with all levels of employees, management and vendors
• Ability to give immediate attention to high priority matters, prioritize workload and manage own time effectively.
• Superior organizational skills and an attention to details.
This position is compensated at $28.00 per hour on a W2 hourly basis (no C2C or 1099's).
Apply below or send your resume to Holly Wilson at email@example.com. Please reference job 18203102/B-2345 in the subject line.
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Biology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology