CTG SR QA BIG DATA%5CHADOOP ENGINEER in Irving, Texas
Title: SR QA BIG DATA%5CHADOOP ENGINEER
Job Number: 18201906
CTG is assisting our client in the healthcare industry with staffing a Sr QA Big Data / Hadoop Engineer in Irving, TX. No C2C.
Duration: 24 Months
Location: Irving, TX
Scope of Project:
Writing test cases around the data ingestion framework/ Big data technologies – Spark with Scala/Java, Nifi, Hive, Impala, etc. Testing of Web Applications.
• Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
• You will work with Big Data developers, Architects and Business to understand the requirements and assist in building automated QA processes for Hadoop/Big Data environment.
• You love to learn new technologies and work effectively in a team environment.
• You use, Java, Scala, Python, JUnit, Robot, Protractor, Selenium, AWS, Azure, Hadoop, Spark and anything else that will help you test/automate quality product.
• Identify and investigate issues found during testing. Work closely with Big Data developers and business to resolve issues.
• Hands-on development or testing experience in Java, Scala, Python and Big Data technologies required.
• Work with Scrum team, overseeing testing duties among the team, to assure Quality Assurance processes are being followed.
• Write Regression test cases for supported business functionalities, write end to end integration test cases, write system test cases as well.
• Test solutions and ensure they meet business requirements and are "fit-for-purpose." Present and validate solution with user.
• Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
• Provide fast and reliable regression coverage for the minor and major releases that happens year-round
• 5-7 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience in QA and Automation.
• Experience writing automated tests using testing frameworks and tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Splinter, SauceLabs, Robot Framework, Junit, Jasmine, and data focused automation technologies.
• Experience Robot Framework is a generic test automation framework for acceptance testing.
• Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark SQL, Hive, CDH Impala, HDP Tez and HDP Nifi is a strong plus, along with writing automated test suite for Big Data jobs.
• Experience with executing JAVA, Scala and Python Scripts.
• Familiarity with Git and Continuous Integration servers such as Jenkins, VSTS and Team City.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrated ability to think outside the box.
• Quality Assurance: 7 years
• Big data technologies such as Hadoop and HIVE is a strong plus, along with writing automated test suite for Big Data jobs: 3 years
• Strong SQL skills to write Hive, Spark SQL, CDH Impala, HDF Nifi: 2 years
To be considered, please immediately apply to this requisition using the link provided or go to the CTG Careers page at www.ctg.com/content/careers (click on North America tab) and apply to 18201906. For additional information, please contact Laura Evertsen at email@example.com.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT