CTG Network Analyst in Horseheads, New York
Title: Network Analyst
Job Number: 18211967
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! Are you interested in working with a well-known manufacturing company? Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Duration: Long term, ongoing
Location: Horseheads, NY
Job Title: Network Analyst
Work Hours: 40 hours per week, M-F
Pay Rates: Competitive, based on experience
Oversee the Windows server infrastructure, VMware environment and email components along with the LAN/WAN infrastructure of the company’s data network. Provides deskside, infrastructure and network support. A qualified candidate will have some of the necessary skills, and the drive to learn skills as necessary.
• Maintain all network/server systems across the enterprise
• Implement new and upgrade existing WAN/LAN networking technologies at various locations
• Implement/Maintain Active Directory Architecture for centralized authentication
• Implement/Maintain Battery backup solution for proper shutdown procedures.
• Ensure network services are available to all staff
• Ensure data backups are maintained and stored at the off-site vendor storage and tested to ensure functional system restores
• Ensure server-based antivirus systems are maintained to ensure integrity of network systems
• Research, evaluate, and advise management on new networking technologies and IT policies
• Ensure IT purchases conform with company’s strategic direction
• Research and evaluate new networking technologies to develop IT policies
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Day to Day Duties
• Install, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot: Network file servers, VMware environment, Sonic firewall appliances, network switches, and routers, network printers; E-mail systems, mail gateways; Monitoring stations/System alerts; Network client software and hardware for various versions of WIN, MAC, NT workstations and servers
• Provide advanced administration functions for servers and e-mail systems, which may include administration of domain accounts
• Provide information for compliance purposes and assist in ensuring current compliance
• Ensure tape backup systems are functioning and tape backups are regularly completed on servers across the enterprise
• Ensure current virus definitions are installed and anti-virus software is functioning on all file servers
• Ensure up-to-date and accurate information is documented and available to all staff
• Develop detailed documentation for implementation and change plans for installing and reconfiguring network equipment and systems
• Develop specifications for, select, and test new networking technologies, equipment, and facilities
• Develop end-user and technical documentation for networking and e-mail systems
• Develop and prepare reports about the utilization levels of the network, down time, and response time at the end-user level
• Monitor Change Management tickets to ensure changes are detailed prior to implementation and are scheduled properly
• Ability to troubleshoot and work with Linux based systems, or willing to learn as necessary
• Ensure current security/software and firmware patches are installed onto applicable networking systems
• Active Directory administration, account creation and polices as necessary
• Troubleshoot Local Area Networks using network analysis software and other test equipment, perform basic packet analysis, and provide packet capture and network trace information to other support entities for analysis
• Perform network baseline analysis to ensure configuration and hardware changes positively affect network performance.
• Provide advanced administration functions for NOS and email systems
• Assist in the planning and design of Network infrastructure and systems
• Develop end user and technical documentation for networking and e-mail systems
• Develop testing methodologies and criteria for the selection and implementation of new networking equipment and technologies
• Perform other duties as required to fulfill responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, CIS, Networking Technologies, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ networking and server experience
• Working knowledge of Unix system access and basic command sets
• Working knowledge of Wide Area Networking (WAN) principles and router configuration procedures
• Competence in Network monitoring tools, WUG, SolarWinds, Nagios, Wireshark or willingness to learn
• Experience in Epicor is highly preferred
• Competence in Microsoft Windows, Exchange, directory services, enterprise backup software, enterprise antivirus software, and web services
• Ability to troubleshoot and determine source of problems
• Ability to make recommendations to management on network technical and configuration direction, hardware/software and networking component purchases
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors!
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary expectations to Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.