CTG MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER in Hialeah, Florida
Jul 13, 2020Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Job Title:Mortgage Senior Underwriter
Pay:Based on Experience
Day to Day Responsibilities
The Mortgage Senior Underwriter is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and approving residential loan applications. The Mortgage Senior Underwriter is also responsible for verifying income, assets, credit and collateral documents including self-employed personal and business tax returns. The Mortgage Senior Underwriter may be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending (agency conventional, portfolio conventional, FHA/VA MI etc.). This position will also lend support to other underwriters on complex loan submissions. Lending authority to include conventional, government and jumbo loan programs for up to $750,000. Excellent phone and communication skills and a value of providing superior customer service to internal and external customers required. An exemplary customer service oriented attitude and the ability to work effectively in a Team Environment is essential.
• Evaluate creditworthiness of borrows in order to render a credit decision. This includes but is not limited to the review of paystubs, W2’s, financial statements, tax returns, asset statements, bank account statements, credit reports etc.
• Must ensure all loans meet or exceed corporate credit policy and be in compliance with the Ability to Repay (ATR) and Qualified Mortgage provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act.
• Ensure compliance with appropriate company and Agency/Investor/FHA/VA guidelines.
• Review transmittal & 1003 to make sure it is accurate and complete and matches the final AUS findings
• Review credit report and compare to liabilities on 1003. Verify the investor guidelines for outstanding derogatory items and requirement payment or satisfaction if needed.
• Calculate income/self-employed cash flow using documentation and methodology required per investor, and CFPB regulations. Analyze the business’s financial strength by examining annual earnings to determine stability and validity. Income must be verifiable, stable and ongoing.
• Review assets to ensure adequate funds to close and required reserves. Ability to analyze bank statements for any recent large deposits and possible other debts that might impact ATR.
• Review appraisal to ensure the report is accurate, complete and the value is supported and the collateral is acceptable. Recognize when additional field reviews may be necessary to support value
• Ability to review Condo/PUD projects to ensure they meet salable or non warrantable guidelines
• Review file to make sure state regulatory guidelines have been met and federal (patriot act)
• Calculate net tangible benefit for those states that require this test
• Ensure all tax, title, insurance and closing documentation is accurate and complete
• Verify that the rate lock matches the underwriting file with the correct program, LTV, credit score and pre-payment penalty
• Review final conditions submitted to Underwriting Final Approval within SLA
• Re-review all Suspended loans within SLA
• Review a minimum number of files per month as determined by management which would include new submissions, re-submissions & final conditions
• Maintain current and fluid knowledge of investor and agency guidelines and adapt to changes quickly
• Communicate effectively and engages proactively with mortgage loan officers, processors, branch managers, funders and post-closers in regards to loan decisions, assignment of loan conditions, investor guidelines/documentation requirements and possible loan scenarios
• Assists in the training of Client Mortgage employees as needed
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Work “underwriting help desk” on a rotational basis answering emails and phone calls from the sales force.
• Demonstrate exceptional service philosophy in all interactions with internal peers and partners
• Perform second level review on loans recommended for denial. Evaluate the application to determine if there are any other products or alternative terms available before issuance of denial.
• Perform Second Level One up Reviews on those loans recommended for approval above someone’s lending authority.
• Once approved, has lending authority up to $750,000
Required Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of recent Mortgage Underwriting Experience (FHA, VA and Conventional) with strong agency guideline knowledge
• DE, SAR and LAPP certifications strongly preferred ; experience with USDA is a plus
• Strong working knowledge of ATR/QM Requirements
• Proven knowledge of Mortgage Insurance Guidelines and rates
• Working knowledge of Empower LOS is a plus
• Strong analytical skills; accuracy, consistency and completeness is critical
• Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment and be held to meet minimum production standards
• High integrity and outstanding work ethic
• Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must have proficient written and verbal communication skills
• Proven knowledge of compliance and disclosure requirements
• Proven knowledge of closing, post-closing & quality control responsibilities
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• Candidates must currently reside in USA
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without restrictions
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume to Xerconrecruiting@ctg.com
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Customer Support
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: Yes