CTG SENIOR LABORATORY TECHNICIAN in Grand Island, New York
Title: SENIOR LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
Location: US-NY-Grand Island
Job Number: 19201666
Computer Task Group is seeking Senior Laboratory Technician for a 6 Month contract position for their client located in Grand Island, NY.
Pay Rate: $18.00
We are searching for a talented Sr. Lab Technician who will plan and carry out assays associated with the development of novel cell culture media formulations and processes.
• Candidate must be able to work on teams within the Cell Culture Laboratories.
• Must have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and prioritize work with supervisor as necessary.
• Carry out standard operating procedures involving basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping.
• Responsible for testing data records, notebooks, customer reports and computerized data storage.
• Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure assays are within operating parameters.
• Advise supervisor of factors that may affect quality of data.
• Work in a laboratory environment and is required to lift up to 40 lbs.
• May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
• Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials
• Must be able to work flexible hours.
• Minimum two years of experience in a laboratory setting following an AAS degree.
• Minimum of AAS degree (BS preferred) in Chemistry, Biotechnology, or related Sciences.
• Requires a functional knowledge of laboratory equipment and techniques.
• Accuracy and attention to detail is required in performing all functions of this position.
• Initiative, organizational and computer skills are extremely valuable to ensure effective laboratory operations.
• Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
• Must possess self-motivation and the ability to work on routine analysis or new assignments with limited instructions.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
• High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel.
• Experience with cGMP, GLP, CLIA or other lab regulation is preferred.
Please apply below or contact email@example.com
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.