CTG Microbiology Lab Technician in Geneva, New York
Title: Microbiology Lab Technician
Job Number: 19205539
Project Duration: Permanent Placement with Zotos International
Project Location: Geneva, NY
Job Title: Microbiology Lab Technician
Work Hours: Continental Shift Days
Verify and maintain the quality of raw materials and finished products to ensure that the products manufactured are within Company designated specifications. Train and educate employees on current methodologies and procedures. Audit the manufacturing areas for microbiological awareness and adherence to cGMP regulations. Support company goals and objectives. Verify and comply with cGMP procedures.
Day to Day Duties:
• Perform all microbiological testing and validation for raw materials, in-process goods and finished products to determine if they meet microbiological requirements.
• Perform validation for microbiology testing, equipment, and supplies.
• Perform and document air quality testing for microbiology lab and pertinent manufacturing areas.
• Perform testing on Purified Water System and identify potential issues that may affect water quality.
• Maintain bulk retest process. Requests, tests, and determines disposition of samples.
• Conduct training on micro awareness to new hires.
• Report all issues immediately via email to QA Management.
• Develop SOPs as required for microbiology requirements.
• Work in compliance with R&D microbiologist for training, procedures and documentation as required.
• Support cGMP guidelines for cosmetic industry.
• Work independently with low level supervision.
• Prepare and/or standardize media and or solutions for testing.
• Inventory and maintain stock of laboratory supplies and chemicals.
• Maintain logbook records of testing analysis, research of raw materials and products and material retains, as well as other records as required.
• Maintain routine repair of instruments and calibration of required equipment.
• Responsible for analyzing and reporting product issues, including requesting manual orders, separation of good and bad product, issuing NCRs, and upkeep of QA issue log.
• Assist in the investigation of product complaints, including recording all testing information.
• Learn new procedures and complete training in the operation and use of new equipment as required.
• Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors of Science degree with major in Microbiology, Molecular Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field.
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing laboratory setting
• Excellent communication skills
• CTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we recruit for a wide variety of positions. However, the particular client for whom this specific requirement is for dictates that only US citizens will be accepted. No visa sponsorship is available at this time.
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.