CTG iSeries Systems Administrator in Geneseo, Illinois
Title: iSeries Systems Administrator
Job Number: 19204630
Computer Task Group (CTG) is seeking a iSeries Systems Administrator (Mid-Level) be part of a banking firm in Geneseo, IL to support their core level IT systems. This is a permanent placement opportunity!
Location: Geneseo, IL
Duration: Long-term permanent placement
Other: No C2C or 3rd party companies
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
This position will provide mid-level support for all aspects of the Bank Holding Company’s IT Core Services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists with making changes deemed necessary to improve productivity and efficiency within Core Services as directed by management.
• Assists with the administration and support of all aspects of the bank’s Core Services hardware and software.
• Provides mid-level to advanced-level Core Services hardware and software support and serves as a liaison to outside core vendors.
• Provides mid-level to advanced-level support on issues unresolved by lower level technical staff.
• Troubleshoots network issues as related to Core Services.
• Supports Core Services for all Bank Holding Company locations.
• Assists in instructing staff in the use of core related software applications and queries; providing instructions or written documentation where required.
• Keeps abreast of technical, regulatory and security changes within the banking and IT industry and implements changes to systems when appropriate and as approved by management.
• Assists with the administration and support of the Business Continuity Plan.
• Assists with the administration and support of the Core Services Backup & Recovery Program, as it relates to the Business Continuity Plan.
• Assists with the administration and support of the Vendor Management Program.
ESSENTAIL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Solid understanding of iSeries/AS400 and core systems; installed operating systems; inter-process communications, file system concepts and can use performance analysis to tune systems.
• Basic understanding of networking and TCP/IP principles.
• Must be comfortable utilizing standard business software such as MS Office.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills; ability to work closely with all levels of management and staff.
• Ability to identify areas for potential improvement within the bank and implement solutions that are timely, cost effective and permanent.
• AA degree in computer science or a related field and/or more than three years of previous systems administration experience.
• Industry certifications are advantageous, but not required.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contact Dave Dummel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-992-5350 x-4804.
• Health, Dental, Vision care plans
• Flexible Spending Account – pre-tax benefits to cover medical costs
• Short, Long Term Disability plans and Life Insurance
• 401K with Sharing Plan
• 10 holidays and vacation up to 2 weeks first year
• Bank privileges
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Systems Administration