CTG Continuous Improvement Engineer in Elgin, Illinois
Title: Continuous Improvement Engineer
Job Number: 19206703
CTG is seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer for a Direct Hire/Permanent position with our client located in Elgin, IL.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for working with plant operations to improve manufacturing efficiencies. In this position you will deliver continuous improvement techniques that contribute toward achieving annual operational targets.
• Manage a portfolio of lean projects utilizing 5S, KPI, SMED, VSM, and Kaizen.
• Manage continuous improvement projects, mentor and coach green belts and Manufacturing Engineers.
• Drive, lead, and educate Manufacturing Engineering teams globally toward improvements related to processes, assembly, and manufacturing.
• Train and lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams focusing on measurable quality, service, and cost improvements.
• Conduct training on Health, Safety, and Environmental matters.
• Train, coach, and motivate teams in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques.
• 5 years of experience in Manufacturing Operation with a proven track record in leading high-performance teams and attaining quantifiable results.
• Proficient in M/S Office, Project Management, Auto CAD, and Minitab.
• Excellent communicator comfortable working with all levels within the organization
• Experience in machine tool or automotive industries with an emphasis on Manufacturing Engineering strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electrical, or Technical field required
• 3-5 years with Six Sigma Black belt certification required.
• Strong Lean Manufacturing expertise with 5S training required.
• Training in waste reduction methods required.
• Training in Plant Manufacturing Techniques and Procedures strongly preferred.
• Implementing formal Six Sigma programs aimed at reducing process and product variation
• Applying Lean Manufacturing methodology to manufacturing excellence initiatives
• Driving the standardization of processes utilizing metrics and best practices
• Knowledge in ISO9001 and/or TS 16949 Principles.
Travel to be expected for this position will be up to 40-50% and will include both domestic and international travel.
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors!
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Information Technology