CTG Senior Systems Engineer / Linux Automation in Durham, North Carolina
Title: Senior Systems Engineer / Linux Automation
Job Number: 18211578
CTG is seeking a Senior Linux Engineer for a Permanent/Direct Hire opportunity for our client located in Durham, NC. This individual will be responsible for architecting and engineering virtualized and bare metal Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems located on-premise and in cloud. The Senior Linux Engineer will be responsible for the development of optimized, secured, and performance tuned Linux environments geared for use (including database, integration, and application servers) and creating and maintaining relevant build documents and run books.
The Senior Linux Engineer will promote and extend an agile continuous deployment paradigm, with a strong focus on IT automation and scripted configuration. The Engineer will ensure that Linux environments and the software platforms that run on them can be deployed like could using automation tools including Red Hat Ansible. Over time, the Linux Engineer will partner with other Infrastructure and Architecture leads to design and engineer a DevOps self-service capability to allow for the automatic spin up and spin down of dev/test environments. The Senior Engineer will ensure no configuration drift occurs and if it does it is detected.
The Senior Linux Engineer will also be responsible for designing, engineering, and administering on-premise/IaaS Red Hat Fuse, Tomcat, BPM platforms, ECM platforms, Content Generation platforms, IIS .NET, Splunk, Bamboo, Confluence, JIRA, reporting platforms, and similar application environments, along with IT infrastructure tools (such as ManageEngine’s monitoring, alerting, ticketing products, Ansible Tower automation, etc.). The Senior Linux Engineer will install, upgrade, patch, administer, secure, configure, and monitor these technologies, and suggest optimization and other improvements.
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for configurations and hardware platforms, installing and starting services, setting default runlevels and options, maintaining environment currency, deciding the level of installed updates, patching, partitioning and filesystem layout, pre- and post-installation tasks, configurations steps and kernel parameters, monitoring tool configuration and use, system health and monitoring with appropriate tools, centralized netdump, kexec, and kdump infrastructure.
In partnership with the Network Engineers, the Senior Engineer should be able to define network architecture for physical and/or virtual systems including network interfaces, drivers, link level configuration, VLAN access, interface bonding, and routing and bridging configuration. In partnership with the Storage Engineers, the Senior Engineer should be able to perform SAN attached storage architecture reviews including drivers and parameters, configuration tools, multipathing configuration, volume management, data mirrors, snapshots, cluster filesystems, and review of certification issues.
• Leads team for the complete architecture and engineering of Red Hat Linux environments
• Partners with architecture, security, and infrastructure leads to review projects for suitable Linux solutions
• Drives and implements IT automation allowing for reduced touch infrastructure management and deployment
• Delivering a continuous deployment capability to the CI/CT/CD and DevOps platforms
• Delivering self-service deployment of infrastructure on-premise and in cloud
• Manage application platform installation, upgrades, patching, and security updates
• Defining appropriate level of monitoring using industry-standard tools and ensuring alerting levels are meaningful and actionable
• Analyzes legacy CentOS and Linux environments and drives efforts to modernize to strategic infrastructure
• Creates and maintains appropriate build documentation, run books, and best practices
• Leads day to day operations of Linux environments
• Contributes to defining and estimating timelines, costs, and feasibility for Linux infrastructure efforts
• Ensure the performance of the infrastructure meet expectation and requirement
• Mentors junior staff
• 5 years of experience architecting and engineering Red Hat Linux systems and solutions
• Expert with Red Hat Linux configuration and kernel parameters
• Experience engineering and/or administering application and app platform technologies
• Demonstrated skill with estimating time, cost, and resource requirements for projects
• Demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining system documentation
• Strong scripting skills including bash, perl, etc.
• Demonstrated skill with securing Linux environments
• Demonstrated experience with IT Automation technology; Red Hat Ansible a major plus
• Experience integrating Active Directory and Windows environments with Red Hat Linux
• Experience in both cloud and on-premise environments
• Expert experience in backups, restoration, and high availability solutions
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field, or 10 years equivalent work experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to a technical and non-technical audience
• Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and build rapport to influence colleagues at all levels, uncover business issues, and identify needs
• Experience working in a hybrid on- and off-shore model
• Senior level experience with VMWare virtualization technology
• Senior level experience with Storage technologies including SAN, EMC, NAS, iSCSI, Fiber Channel
• Experience with databases or application / web server infrastructure platforms
To be considered, please immediately apply to this requisition using the link provided or go to the CTG Careers page at www.ctg.com/content/careers (click on North America tab) and apply to 18211578. Please provide a Word version of your resume Or respond directly to Kim Pilik @ firstname.lastname@example.org Feel free forward to any other interested parties.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT