CTG Senior Security Solutions Engineer in Durham, North Carolina
Title: Senior Security Solutions Engineer
Job Number: 17207962
Our client is seeking a Next Gen Security Strategist. If you love all things InfoSec and being involved in all aspects: Analysis, vendor/product selection, solution design, documentation / run books, proof-of-concept, installing/configuring, testing, incident response, some level 3 / 4 support, and constantly learning & staying apprised of latest emerging technologies- this is the job for the you. Our client is committed to not just bring their IS Security to current state, but to leapfrog into next generation. This is a permanent opportunity, onsite in Durham, NC.
This role will be the conduent between the architecture team and the operations team. This position is on the Security Delivery & Operations Team and works extensively with the Security Architecture Team to design, implement, document (run books), and support new security technologies. The successful individual will have extensive security experience across multiple security domains including: telecommunications & network security, operations security, security architecture and design, access control, etc. The teams are small & flexible so it feels similar to a start-up environment. It is imperative that the successful candidate not only can wear multiple hats, but thrives on it.
Key Responsibilities (in descending order of importance):
· Overall Solution Design including but not limited to detailed design, Integration, Security, Data/Information Flow, Exception Handling, Operational Readiness, Scalability & Performance, User Interface, Infrastructure Needs, Retire old system/capability, and Licensing implications
· Development of required Technical Specification (configuration) documentation in support of the total scope definition and review the complete design in Solution Design Practice Meeting.
· Discovery and solution estimates, scope, and ongoing validation (including any scope changes) of delivery project technical solutions including collaboration with internal and vendor resources -- this includes accountability from the initial estimate to the final expense for all assigned solution design requirements on projects
· Validate that the solution meets ETSA Architecture/Security standards and overall reference architecture fit analysis.
· Ensure optimal end user experience is built in to the design from the start, and validate throughout implementation and beyond
· Follow and ensure defined SDLC process properly followed by all resources involved in development cycle
· Collaborate with 3rd Party Vendor (3PV) Infrastructure, Architecture, and other IT Subject Matter Experts (SME) to ensure those technical elements are addressed in the overall solution, align/assess impact of proposed solution on existing operations so appropriate technical/business/operational risks can be mitigated/accepted, and perform oversight that the 3PV implementation is delivering the solution.
Skills and Abilities:
Deep understanding of security products and competencies related to security infrastructure, applications and associated workflows
Specialization/particular emphasis on design and delivery of large Identity & Access Management solutions
Up-to-date knowledge of current and future technologies spanning various security domains
Solid knowledge of network components and network security, including modern threat detection and analysis methodologies
Knowledge of different Service Provider Security vendor solutions including but not limited to URL Filtering, End Point Protection, Anti-SPAM and DDoS mitigation
Required skills / experience:
Minimum 10yrs dedicated information security experience
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer or Information Sciences
Experience / skills in the following:
Next Generation Firewalls
Intrusion Detection / Prevention Systems
Web Content Filtering
Single Sign-On Technologies (SAML 2.0)
User provisioning and role based access
Endpoint Security Controls
Hard Drive Encryption
Vulnerability Assessment and Remediation
Web Application Security
Data Loss Prevention
Also requires: strong server operating system knowledge (Unix/Linux, Windows)
Understanding of ITIL and service management concepts
One or more of the following Security Certifications: CISSP, SANS GSEC (or other SANS Cert), CompTIA Security , Certified Ethical Hacker, or Checkpoint CCSA or CCSE.
One or more of the following IT Certifications: Cisco CCNA or CCNP, CompTIA Network or Server , MCSE, RHCE (or equivalent)
Desired- experience with modern IAM solutions such as Sailpoint, IBM Cloud Identity Service, Oracle IAM Suite, Dell One Identity Manager, etc.
Candidate shall also possess:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain strong relationships within the organization
Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Strong technical writing capabilities with deep RFP experience
Work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
Emphasis on technical solidity and adaptability of design, without losing sight of a strong end user experience
Ability to quickly and routinely learn new procedures, techniques, and approaches to delivering quality solutions
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT