CTG Project Manager / Life Sciences in Durham, North Carolina
Title: Project Manager / Life Sciences
Job Number: 19201258
Our Client is looking for a Project Manager to join their team located in NC – RTP, NC. Any experience in a Life Sciences or Lab environment would be a plus. This is a long term, contract opportunity!
• Plans, manages and implements major complex international IT projects to achieve business objectives by ensuring delivery on time, at high quality, within the parameters of the budget and by meeting business needs. Monitors project progress, addresses issues and manages escalation. Manage external resources potentially from different suppliers and with complex reporting structures.
• University degree, multiple years of managing project to implement IT-business process (approx. 3-8 years).
• Manage, develop and supervise relationships with specified IT suppliers
• Responsible for business process change as result of IT project
• Implement supplier management processes to ensure suppliers and meet contractual obligations and needs.
• Identify opportunities for resources
• Ensure that the projects delivered are compliant with project standards, security standards and with SOX requirements
• Ensure that adequate support environment is in place before transferring the solution to operational mode
• Make sure that projects deliver on time, within scope and on budget according to formally documented commitments and approvals and following the Business Change Methodology.
• Be an expert in stakeholder management and collaborate professionally with counterparts in Business Relationship for project branding and communication.
• Professionally manage delivery by external suppliers and demonstrate a high level of commercial behavior.
• Ensure that all required approval formalities are adequately met and that project documentation is stored in an easily accessible form.
Critical success factors & key challenges
• Fully embrace a holistic project management approach according to our standards and demonstrate professionalism in all project management processes
• Take ownership and actively drive transfer of key learnings into other projects and teams
• Fully leverage learnings from other projects before launch and throughout the projects
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
• Professional project management according to PMI (familiar with all PMI processes and know how to effectively and efficiently exploit them for a successful delivery). Has sound PMI education and ideally PMP certification.
• A good grasp of the culture and working practices of R&D.
• At least 5 years practical experience of successfully managing complex IT projects in challenging environments with heterogeneous stakeholder communities and several sub-teams
• Experience in leading complex teams without direct line management responsibility.
• At least 3 years’ experience in working within or close to R&D within a life science organization.
• Dealing with challenging and sometimes very senior stakeholders in an inspiring way.
• Can creatively motivate teams and keep them focused according to the project’s needs.
• Make efficient use of steering teams.
• Find the right level of delegation to ensure delivery while focusing own energy on the must wins.
• Think always a step ahead so that impact of potential scenarios which might affect project is already considered before things happen.
To be considered, please immediately apply to this requisition using the link provided or go to the CTG Careers page at www.ctg.com/content/careers (click on North America tab) and apply 19201258. For additional information, please contact Kim Pilik email@example.com Feel free forward to any other interested parties
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT